Just pray for me

So June 17th (Fathers day) was the 1 year anniversary of my dad dying. For those of you that don’t know, my Father died from a heart attack in my living room last year and I watched him die right in front of me. These past few days have been rough mentally for me. I continue to have flashbacks of what happened and I’ve been trying not to break down while at work today. Just pray for me please.

2 Likes

Stylin,

I am praying for you.
Specifically, I am praying for peace, comfort, and joy in your mourning. I am praying that the Lord would remind you of his promises- he will give you rest. I’m praying that the flashbacks would cease and if not, that you would be overwhelmed with peace and understanding. I am praying that you would have a community surround you in this time.

You are not alone.

Hold Fast,
-SJ

1 Like

I just prayed for you - for peace and comfort. To know that He’s with you in this. For Him to heal your heartache. Hold fast. You’re not alone. God is with you. And so are we.

1 Like

You’re not alone in this friend. You can get through this. Stay strong friend.

Kayla.

1 Like

You’re in my thoughts. I know this feeling all too well, and it’s one of the hardest things you’ll ever go through. I lost my mom 10 years ago. I was 21 years old and staying at a friends house the night she died. I had stayed up playing xbox literally all night and as I was going to sleep (5/6 am) I got the phone call from a family member. I blamed myself for so many things, and thought maybe if I had gone home that night that maybe I could have saved her, or if our relationship had been better, that I also could have saved her. It was INCREDIBLY hard and sometimes still is. There are still times I get emotional triggers where I break down. I’m so sorry, and I know exactly what you’re going through. I still don’t work the anniversary date, just due to wanting to make sure I stay clear that day.

Keep your head up, and if you need someone to talk to, please reach out.

1 Like

@Stylin seriously, I am so sorry this happen. What a hard way to lose your father. I will definitely be praying for you my friend. I pray for comfort and rest. Losing a family member is always hard. I lost my grandfather to cancer and I still have flashbacks to the last time I ever saw him. But find the best moments to grasp onto to keep me going. Praying for you my friend.

-Morgan

1 Like

Stylin,

My heart goes out to you and your family. I’m so sorry to hear about the pain that you’re going through. I really am. I’m praying for peace and understanding. Your dad is safe with the Lord, wrapped in His arms, and he loves you more than you could ever imagine. He’s proud of you, and one day you will see him again. Hold fast, friend! You’re loved. :slight_smile:

-Eric