Just wanted to say hi :)

Just wanted to say hi to everyone and thank heartsupport for having this forum. I just recently finished reading Dwarf Planet. It was really helpful. :slight_smile:

A little about me: I’ve never had what I would classify as depression until recently. It’s a very odd feeling for me because I’ve just never experienced this before. In fact, most people have described me as “sunshine” when describing my personality. I’ve always been very active and vibrant and not in any way depressed throughout my life. To go from that to these feelings of hopelessness just feels very foreign to me. Some days it really scares me.

I’ve had some life events happen recently which I think triggered the start of all of this, but even with that, I feel like it’s more than that that is making me feel this way. It really does feel like a brick is on top of me when I get that depressed feeling. I feel like I am drowning. This is the first place that I’m reaching out to talk about these feelings I’ve been having over the past few months.

The hard part for me–and I know this is silly–is that I’m a yoga instructor–and so I feel like I shouldn’t be feeling this way. Can’t I just pull myself out of this with techniques I’ve learned from yoga?? But obviously, when depression hits its not that simple. But in my mind, those thoughts sometimes loop in. And yoga does help, don’t get me wrong, but it’s just that some days it can be hard to want to do anything when those “brick” and “drowning” feelings hit.

When people I’ve known over the years describe depression, I could never relate to what they were going through because I never experienced it. Now I have and my heart just goes out to everyone who struggles with this.

I’m so thankful for this community and hugs to everyone :slight_smile: I’m looking forward to meeting all of you.

2 Likes

hi friend,
thank you so much for sharing: ) I want to let you know that you are loved and adored here. we care so much about you and I want to encourage you to keep sharing anything that is on your mind.
I believe in you and I believe that you are meant to win this battle. I promise you that this will pass and you will be okay: )
stay strong

2 Likes

Thanks Nicole :slight_smile: This place seems like such a great safe space. So glad I found it!

2 Likes

feel free to stop by the streams or join our discord!! it’s a great way to talk to people in the community and is super welcoming: )

2 Likes

What are the streams? I’ve seen it mentioned a few times on here.

1 Like

@Firefly

Welcome to the family!

1 Like

Thank you AVJR! :slight_smile: Good to be here!

1 Like

hi! so sorry for getting back to you so late
the stream link is:

1 Like