Just wanted to Vent

This is just for myself. I just want to put my problem out there.

I’ve recently enrolled in a programming class, and it genuinely feels like the first time I’ve ever been stumped on anything, at all. I’ve been raised as the sort of kid that was suppose to get an A, or I failed the class altogether. This is basically the first class I’ve gotten anything lower than an A, and it kind of sucks. I’ve talked with my parents about this, and they’re okay with it. They understand that this is something new for me, and something new for them, but it still feels like I’ve somehow failed. It kind of hurts hearing my parents say that I’m allowed to fail. It feels like they’ve sort of given up on me, but I know that’s not true. I’ve followed along as well as I can, but the class doesn’t feel right for me, and programming doesn’t feel right for me. The worse part about this is that I wanted to be a programmer when I grow up, and this feels like one big sign telling me not to, and it makes me afraid. I thought I had my whole life planned out, but this feels like the first real roadblock I’ve hit. All in all, this just feels like the first real world problem I’ve faced, and it really has hit me square in the face.

3 Likes

@duckduck

I’m sorry you are going through a tough time. You needed to get this out. Do what you can to keep fighting. You will overcome this. God loves you.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.