Just... why?

Everything just feels fucking useless… I just live and that’s it, but if that is all there is to live for than what good is it, you know what I mean? Like right now… I’m just locked away in my room, no irl contact, nothing to look forward to and I just start to feel not only lonely but also just like… nothing matters… So… why? Why do I wake up? Why do I try to be healthy? Why do I try (and fail btw…) to keep a schedule that will only distract my mind for a few hours before these thoughts come back again? What’s the point of any of it?
tbh… I don’t care anymore… Usually I would deal with this differently… find a way to hurt myself… but I threw everything out… so now I’m even more stuck with these thoughts…
it just all seems useless…

3 Likes

I don’t know you personally, but I would be willing to bet you have a lot to offer other people. Friendship, laughs, encouragement, just to name a few. In this isolation I encourage you to find online communities you can engage with, either by chat or even voice call. Check out Twitch and find a community you resonate with. Get into their discord and get connected with people.
Maybe decide on a hobby/skill you want to learn and find a community around that.
I hope this helps. Just remember, you matter and you have the power to be a positive impact on anyone you meet.

2 Likes

I’m sorry, but everything just feels useless… including doing that. Yes I’ve been trying to learn new things… I’ve been hanging out in different communities… but everything just is useless… sorry

1 Like

Love you, friend.
I understand. I haven’t left my room outside to use the rest room in weeks. I can relate to things feeling pointless. How difficult and challenging things are right now.

We’re going to get through this.

2 Likes

Hi!
My name is Jeff. I’m going to be completely honest with you. I don’t know why I found this website, I don’t know why I selected this post, but I did. After reading how you’re feeling, I created this account just to respond to you. I don’t know you, and you don’t know me, but let me reassure you that everything will be okay. You will find a purpose. Everything may sound useless right now, but I truly believe we are our worst critics (at least I am mine). Especially with the craziness going on in our world right now, things can make depression so much worse. I’m glad you reached out and wrote your thoughts down. Writing my thoughts help me when I’m going through rough times.
I want you to trust me though. Please don’t be so quick to criticize as things being “pointless” or “useless.” I just think you need to find and create your own happiness. It’s hard, I know. You’re not alone though even when you feel like you are. I really like Utmost’s idea about finding a hobby and a community and I saw that you said you’ve tried. Keep trying, even if it feels like your search is pointless. I don’t think it is. You just haven’t found something that holds your attention.
I was hesitant in creating an account for one post, but I figured it was worth reaching out because you reached out first, and you’re willing to express yourself. So, thank you. And you don’t have anything to apologize for. Not for this. So, I’ll finish with this for now (TL;DR), don’t apologize for how you feel and keep trying to find and create your happiness with different hobbies, activities, communities, etc. Keep up with your pursuit (even if it feels pointless) and allow some time to pass. I promise you if you keep going, keep searching, and keep letting time to heal your wounds, you will find a point in all of this.
A wise man told me to treat everybody as your friend, unless you have a good enough reason not to. So, please take care of yourself, friend. I’m so glad you reached out. I don’t know if your the praying type but I am. So, if you’d let me, I’d like to keep you in my prayers. God bless you. I truly wish the best for you, friend.

3 Likes