Keep Forgiving

A lesson that I have had the hardest time learning is forgiveness. Through all of the BS and hurt I found that forgiveness was so hard to give. Im still trying to forgive all of my agressors, but I’mtaking it one day at a time. I stumbled across this poem last year, and it has been the driving force in my ability to forgive. I encourage all of you to give this a listen.

2 Likes

Forgiveness is something that I had to practice. I’ve always been very giving of it but not always in ways that are healthy. And for a long time I didn’t know how to forgive those who hurt me most and I instead carried around a lot of hate and bitterness inside of me

There’s a balance that has to be found and learned. Learning when it’s okay to forgive and keep someone around, or when we need to forgive but let go. We don’t have to keep someone in our life in order to forgive.

There was also a time that I needed to learn to forgive even when it’s hard so that I could release myself of the shackles that I was tied to. It’s hard to move forward sometimes when we cant find that peace.

It takes time.

Another type of forgiveness that I’ve had to learn is self forgiveness. That’s a tough one.

Thanks for sharing

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.