Kinda-but-i-found-that-mountain-biking-after-work - 1168

This is a topic from INSTAGRAM. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on Instagram.

Belongs to: https://forum.heartsupport.com/t/38436
Kinda but I found that mountain biking after work on the hard days brings the best in me. Its my therapy in a way❤️

1 Like

Yes - there’s something that gets reignited in us when we engage in our passion - we see ourselves rise, lead, love - the thrill, the adventure. It calls us up, and sometimes it calls us over our challenges. And leveraging momentum with these things helps us commit to ourselves - bettering ourselves. Which is powerful.

You mentioned that you’re only kind of committed to your mental health though - is there a part of that journey you feel pulled to commit to that you aren’t committed to?

@heartsupport So in 2021 I lost my Mom. This past March I lost my dad. Its been a up and down journey the past few years. I have been looking for a therapist. I can say that it has helped with my depression and anxiety. Meaning the biking. Helps clear my head of that darkness

So very glad to hear how much mountain biking has been a positive outlet for you! There’s definitely a lot of things that we can learn and process through physical exercise, and apply it to our life overall. Besides just even the needed escape it can provide. If I may ask, what do you prefer/what aspects of this practice are the most beneficial to you personally? On a separate note, I truly hope that it keeps helping you as much as you need during hard days, and that it will remain a solid crutch to use on your inner journey. Thank you for sharing about it. There’s lots of possibilities and things to try out there to help ourselves. This is a good reminder that it’s worth trying and cultivating new experiences to find our thing. :heart:

Good for you for having found something that truly helps you! Just picturing mountain biking makes me feel so very inspired. The challenge and relief of ups and downs – what a blast! Love this. Love that you have found it. Love that you’ve taken the time to share about it. Thank you for commenting and letting us know about your very own “therapy”. It’s beautiful. :heart:

@heartsupport Thank you for having my back. I found that mountain biking has opened my eyes to the beauty of nature. How peaceful and still it can be. Though being a little tough on certain days I find myself always having a smile and a more clear head afterwards. :heart:

1 Like

Nature is so healing. I personally can’t do any intense exercise anymore because of health issues, but walking is still something doable, and oh my the joy and fulfillment that comes with hearing birds singing, seeing trees dancing with the wind, bees flying around… it’s incredibly grounding. It’s been a journey to not be scared of stillness and of times when I’m just with myself, but how worth it it’s been to push through. Love how you describe it. Very heartwarming. Keep being you and cultivating these sources of pure joy! <3