Less and less myself

Some days I have the strength to fight. Others I have to remind myself who I am.
Its hard coming to grips with the idea that one day Im going to die and there will be people I love who arent going to remember me. Its also hard because Im not allowed to show my weakness to anyone, Im a mother, a wife, and a leader, yet here I am.

Idk why I’m even writing on here or if anyone will even hear me.
sigh
Depression stinks.

1 Like

Hey friend,
First off, my heart goes out to you. That is a lot to carry. Death is a scary concept to wrap our minds around, especially knowing loved ones will be left behind. Its okay to let people know how you are feeling though. Weaknesses are strengths, sometimes. Like letting people know that you are human and have emotions and that its okay to be vulnerable with those who love you. I know for me, I tried to be the strong one for everyone in my life until it broke me. But when it did, it let them help me in ways that I didn’t know I needed. They were able to bring words of affirmation about the things they admired about me, how they loved me, and were able to comfort me in those times i was desperately hurting. I’m not sure all of what you are going through, but even if its here, let us keep hearing you. You are immensely loved. You are supported. You matter. Being a mom, wife, leader, and any other role you find yourself in, even the strongest of people have moments of weakness that they grow from. I hope you know how much you are cared for. Depression does suck, but don’t let it suck you away, too. Here for you, friend.

1 Like