Life in a year

CW- illness and dying

I know I should probably take all this elsewhere because people come to post more about mental health and about the struggle to enjoy and embrace life…
but right now it’s just a place I can throw it out there. If I have 6months-1year to live life, I don’t know what to do. There feels like there’s never enough time to spend with every individual person.
When I see people on here hurting and struggling with the choice of life I wish I could just give every bit of energy I have left into showing them how special and precious their life really is. Not because I’m jealous, because everyone deserves to feel that.
I really would love to make it to celebrate my 18th and give something worth living for to my friends and family. I don’t know what yet.

7 Likes

This place is for everyone to talk about anything - and that includes you and what’s on your mind. You belong here.

I feel the same way. But are you giving any of that to yourself as well?

How may I support you in this time?

2 Likes

I guess I’m trying to focus outward more. If I start thinking too much about myself and this situation I’m scared I’ll get bitter/angry. Life is literally too short to feel that way. Sure I get scared and sometimes overwhelmed. I know things are going to get harder and I don’t know how prepared for that I am, but right now all I’ve got is maybe some form of ability to encourage others.

2 Likes

Will you let us encourage you, then?

That would be really nice. Sometimes staying positive isn’t as easy as it is other days.

2 Likes

I hear that. It can be tough.

Do you think music would help encourage you?

1 Like

Hey! I do enjoy music and hearing new music, especially when I can’t sleep so well

2 Likes