Life in the Middle

I’ve studying hard, trying my best to be the best. As a result, I’m just a average. When it comes to problems I try to cope, it doesn’t work out as having a good ending. I’ve been waiting for a reward or to be seen (feeling inside, I feel just an average Joe everyday). Most likely, it’s like a come and go. I feel like, I’m going nowhere in the path I’ve been staring for years… Yet, it’s still fading while the others have still the charm (up to this day). It wasn’t easy for me to cope with what I got. It’s nice to live simple, just not too simple. Now, I’m still surprised how I’m still coping…

1 Like

@Lonewolf1997

I’m sorry to hear you are struggling with feelings of being just average. Those kinds of thoughts are challenging and I deal with those on a daily basis. I can understand where you are coming from. Please know you are not alone in feeling that way.

What do you feel are your strengths? What things in your life make you feel successful or unique? Do you feel like you put pressure on yourself to live for others?

I ask those questions because they are questions I ask myself often. It’s a struggle feeling just average and feeling like you don’t stand out. I would imagine many of us here who are dealing with depression and anxiety on a daily basis would understand that.

I don’t know if I have much advice friend, but I want you to know that you are amazing just as you are! Please don’t let anyone if your life make you feel like you are just average. I don’t know you personally but your gifts and talents are unique to you and that is something to feel proud about. You are loved by God and He cares for you just as you are my friend.

Stay strong and hold onto hope! :slight_smile:

• Geoffrey
3 Likes

Thanks for understanding. Yeah, cause everyday I deal with that feeling on a regular basis. I really wanted to expand but, I had the patience than to just jump onto it. However, for that support given. I’ll try to think I’ll succeed or still cope with it.

I struggle a lot with these feelings too. I’m sorry that you are having to battle with that as well. I don’t always know how to get through them either.
I think it’s important that we allow ourselves to be ourselves. And try not to compare ourselves to others and what society feels like we should be doing. I know that always plays a huge part in me feeling that way. I always compare myself to others and then feel like I’m way below average and beneath everyone else.
I think it’s important to take note of our strengths, like HoldOnToHope asked about. Focus on your strengths and the good qualities you have. And do what you need to do to live happily. Don’t worry about what others want you to be or what others make you feel like you have to do. Do what makes YOU happy. What makes YOU feel good. I know it’s easy to fall into that cycle where we let others pressure us, guilt us or make us feel bad because we arent doing what THEY think we should be doing and then we let that make us feel like we arent good enough. When that isn’t true.

You are allowed to be you! And do the things that make you happy in life. Even if it’s different than what other people think you should be doing. Just know that we are here to support and encourage you. You don’t have to go through these feelings alone. We are always here to listen.

• Kitty
1 Like