Light in the tunnel

I am excited.

Finally at the new place, developing some healthier habits - cooking, cleaning - something I had no will to do few months ago. That’s also funny thing, because I felt like I have got totally no time for doing it, even though - if done regularly - it literally takes 20-30 mins a day. One less match in online game or youtube video and I have got it covered.

Also, just realized that I don’t need to be the best. I am good enough right now, without worrying about tomorrow, with my own ups and downs.

Still there is a lot of work to be done - years of ignoring the aspect of mental health and comfort are showing up, getting mood shifts sometimes (especially in social situations), but at least I see the progress and light in the tunnel instead of endless loop of negativity.

4 Likes

One more thing. Thank you! This community is amazing, welcoming to anybody with words of support, encouragement and warm atmosphere. I can’t even tell how much you helped me through this journey.

2 Likes

Hey, Z

What a FANTASTIC thing to hear. It’s amazing how much difference a little bit of time spent on healthier habits can make.I’m so glad you’re seeing progress, and I’m hella proud of you

I believe in you

1 Like

Gosh, this is so good, @Z1833. Well done. Seriously.

Yes, there will be a lot of work to do, but at least now you’ve proved to yourself that even if the midst of struggles, you can manage to do things you’d like to achieve. You literally build hope. And friend, these are some freaking huge accomplishments! As a depressed bean myself, just the words “cooking” and “cleaning” give me a sense of failure most of the time. But when we actually manage to do it… what a relief and sense of victory! It’s all these steps that matter the most as it build a healthy foundation for the future.

You are amazing. Thank you for sharing and for taking the time to acknowledge this progress in your life. It is SO worth celebrating.

You’re also part of this online fam’ and will always found some support, whenever you need. We do life together. Through the good and the bad. :hrtlegolove:

1 Like