Little Update On My Life Since I Haven't Been Here in a While

Hello. It’s been a while (Since April, right?). I want to give an update on how I am and how my uncle is doing.

I’ve gotten into a good mindset and have been exercising more because I have gained a bit more weight than what I should. Being able to exercise makes me happy, especially when I am doing it with my sister, brother, and cousin.

My uncle is sadly doing a bit worse. He’s been refusing to take his medicine, waking up earlier than normal (4 or 5 am), and now he’s gotten to the point where I’m finding it hard to remember his life before brain cancer. I can only remember one day when he was dropping off some wood.

I know I haven’t been here in a while, which I feel like I should’ve been giving some updates here and there, but I’ve been busy with taking care of my little cousins and trying to get caught up with 50+ things of overdue things from all my classes, which is making me a bit stressed because I only have 18 more days left.

So, that’s my update on how I’m doing. I’m sorry for being gone for so long from here and from twitch. I have gotten my phone taken away and I have been logged out of twitch for weeks and can’t log back into twitch without my phone. In 18 or so days I am hopefully getting my phone back, so I’ll be back in 2-3 weeks. I’ve missed you guys and I hope I can see y’all soon.

2 Likes

Hey @alexgamer_hameowlton, it’s good to see you!

I know I haven’t been here in a while, which I feel like I should’ve been giving some updates here and there,

Please, don’t pressure yourself thinking that you should* give updates here. It’s totally okay to take the time you need. There’s never any obligation to share. But every time you do it, it’s an honor to read you! Thank you.

I’ve gotten into a good mindset and have been exercising more because I have gained a bit more weight than what I should. Being able to exercise makes me happy, especially when I am doing it with my sister, brother, and cousin.

Exercise is so powerful! It helps so much. And I’m really glad that you’re doing it with your sister, brother and cousin. Being part of a group helps to stay consistent. You’re doing great!

My uncle is sadly doing a bit worse. He’s been refusing to take his medicine, waking up earlier than normal (4 or 5 am), and now he’s gotten to the point where I’m finding it hard to remember his life before brain cancer. I can only remember one day when he was dropping off some wood.

I’m so sorry for that. It’s hard to see that the health of someone you love is getting worse. A couple of years ago, my family and I supported my grandma, who was facing dementia. I felt very powerless and couldn’t really recognize her. Just like your uncle, at some point she refused to take her medicine. It was hard for her to see herself declining, progressively. But despite the circumstances, we still had some very loving moments. She wasn’t behaving the same way. Most of the time I didn’t recognize her. But she was still the person I love. She was still my awesome grandma. And so is your uncle.

Maybe it’s a little bit difficult to process what’s going on right now. When someone you love is affected by a disease, it can be scary, stressful and crippling. It’s okay if for the moment you tend to forget about how he was before his diagnosis. You will remember it. It will come naturally. But your mind certainly some time right now. And if it would be reassuring to you, you can take some time to try to think about it and write down some good memories you have with your uncle. Maybe you can even try to discuss about it with him, if it’s possible. :hrtlegolove: There are still many ways to connect to each other, to say that you love him, despite the painful circumstances.

which is making me a bit stressed because I only have 18 more days left.

I read your other post. I don’t know if you already set a schedule but this could be very helpful! You can do a lot only in one day, but when it’s at the cost of a lot of stress, it doesn’t help. Don’t forget to take regular breaks during the day, it’s really important - and real breaks: to breathe some fresh air outside if you can, do some stretches, drink water.

As a student, what helped me to do a work in a short amount of time was to work more during the morning because I’m more focused than during afternoons. So I tried to wake up a little more earlier than before and I did 1h15 work/15 minutes break cycles. With a real break in the middle of the day. And I stopped everything during the evening to relax, to list what was done and/or readjust my schedule.

I don’t know if you already had a look on Casey’s YT channel, but there are some productivity + self-care tips there that could be useful during these 18 days:

Sending tons of encouraging cibes your way. You got this! :hrtlegolove:

1 Like

:slight_smile: Thanks. Exercising definitely has been helping me with any bad moods and helped clear my mind. Also, thanks for the encouragement with my uncle <3. As for homework and a schedule, I can try setting a schedule, though I think I tried before giving myself a time-set and I was only able to keep to it for a little bit. However, I think if I try hard enough, I might be able to stick with a schedule until school is over. A friend of mine on discord gave me some wisdom that has helped me a lot with staying on track: “If you tell yourself ‘I can’t’, that goes to your subconscious and makes you believe that you can’t do that task.” So, I keep that in mind and every time I run into a situation where I usually say “I can’t”, I tell myself that I can and it helps me know that I am able to do it. Another thing that my friend said to me that I’m still trying to figure out is: “B less you”, or how I see it, “Be less of you.” I feel like, to me, that saying is supposed to mean more than that, but when I tried to come up with a scenario for it, all I came up with was, “Be less of you, and more of…” I’ve been struggling to find the end of that sentence but I feel like it’s a journey I have to go on to learn the end of that sentence.

Heh, I went off subject. Anyways, I noticed I tend to work better at night than in the morning. At night I seem to have a bit more of a push to do homework, but I do get some work done in the morning. I’m trying to get caught up with one of my subjects that take the longest: History. Each lesson is long (the last one had 77 pages) and most days there are 4 lessons in History for that day. Four lessons, plus the 3 lessons in Science, tend to take a long time. I also have things from last “marking period” that I was able to get an extension for that I haven’t been able to get caught up with either. I’m struggling to get it all done, but I figure that’s what it is with a lot of other schools.

Anyway, thank you again for the encouragement. I’ll try setting a schedule and take breaks.
Take care <3

1 Like