Looking for prayer and support!

Hey Everyone.

So I wanted to throw this out there, because I’ve definitely been experiencing quite a bit of extra stress and anxiety lately, what with all the quarantine, screening stuff, and all that going on. I’ll try to explain.

I work in the healthcare system in Canada. Now that alone in this whole Covid-19 thing is bad enough, but to add on top of it, the job I actually do within the hospitals, is I work as a law enforcement officer. My specific title is a Peace Officer. Basically, I’m a police officer, but don’t carry a firearm, and only enforce specific laws the hospital wants me to, instead of the whole book of them.

To be more specific on the prayer requests I would love some support with, is the following:

1. I travel to multiple hospitals per shift, and am very likely to come into contact with this coronavirus, if I haven’t already. I myself am not super worried about it, but what I am worried about is bringing it home to my wonderful wife, who has a pre-existing respiratory medical condition. Please pray with me that I can keep her, and me safe.

2. Along with my job, I very frequently (sometimes on a daily basis) deal with violent and aggressive individuals that try to hurt me or other nursing staff. I’d love some continued prayer that I can stay safe, and not become injured. People are really beginning to panic, and it’s making things very anxious at work.

3. Finally, if you think of me without the uniform for a minute, I’m generally a very social person, and this social distancing has been extremely tough. I’m definitely craving more and more social interaction, but get very limited amounts due to everyone in quarantine and lockdown and stuff. My sanity is definitely at stake by this point.

Thank you to everyone who reads this, I know it’s a little off topic from the usual posts, but I definitely could use the extra moral support, just knowing that there are others thinking of me and my co-workers and such. God bless you all, and please stay safe.

EndlessChorus63

5 Likes

Hey @EndlessChorus63,

My thoughts go to you and your co-workers. You’re doing a stressful job right now and I hope you can stay safe as much as possible, despite your activity and despite the circumstances. The job you’re doing is important, the role you are assuming is more than meaningful right now. But I do hope than you can create some spaces for yourself during the day, so you can breathe a little and have some real breaks, even short ones.

I travel to multiple hospitals per shift, and am very likely to come into contact with this coronavirus, if I haven’t already. I myself am not super worried about it, but what I am worried about is bringing it home to my wonderful wife, who has a pre-existing respiratory medical condition. Please pray with me that I can keep her, and me safe.

It’s a perfectly valid concern. I totally understand. My husband and I have been living separately for a while. But for some reasons the question of living together again has been raised recently. And as I’m immunodepressed, this subject and the concerns you’re sharing here has been part of our own discussions. It’s hard not to worry. It’s important to be careful but not to let yourself too drown by the worries. There are still things under your control, which are following the general recommandations everytime you go outside and the very moment you come home. :heart:

Along with my job, I very frequently (sometimes on a daily basis) deal with violent and aggressive individuals that try to hurt me or other nursing staff. I’d love some continued prayer that I can stay safe, and not become injured. People are really beginning to panic, and it’s making things very anxious at work.

I’m sorry people have been more agressive… unfortunately, this situation is putting everyone under pressure. Which makes it understandable, but is not an excuse for a bad behavior. I know you’re doing your best out there, like the medical staff. This needs to be said, more than ever: thank you.

Finally, if you think of me without the uniform for a minute, I’m generally a very social person, and this social distancing has been extremely tough. I’m definitely craving more and more social interaction, but get very limited amounts due to everyone in quarantine and lockdown and stuff. My sanity is definitely at stake by this point.

It’s certainly not the same, but if you ever have the time and/or want to join us during the HS streams, it would be awesome to see you there. There are 3 channels with regular streams that you can catch: Twitch - Twitch - Twitch.
And if you want to join us on Discord as well, don’t hesitate to do so: Discord
I am aware that with your timezone the schedules may not be ideal for you. But I wanted to share this with you at least, as being part of a community, interacting with others, even virtually, can help to reduce a little that sense of isolation. :heart:

My response is not much, but I hope it could bring you a smile today to know that someone from an other part of the world is thinking of you right now.
Hang in there friend.
:heart:

1 Like

I’m praying for you, my friend.

2 Likes

Sending you love, prayer and support my friend.

Hi everyone!

Thank you for all the responses, I really appreciate the love! You guys are all the best.

And to @Micro, thank you for all the links and stuff to keep me socially connected, I will absolutely look into the discord and twitch steams.

Again, thank you everyone. Love ya all!

2 Likes