Loosing the Will to live!

This has been a bad year for me mentally. I have never been this low before. I have always been able to pick myself back up but I can’t this time. I feel unmotivated and empty inside. I have 2 children. The older one is starting to notice me being miserable all the time and it kills me but I can’t snap out of it. I’m being insecure to my wife and telling her she deserves better. I still have a good job and everything I need to live a good life but I am just lost and depressed. I went to see a physco therapist and I was put on prozac. I’ve been taking it for 2 weeks now and shit ain’t working. I’m still depressed and miserable. Something needs to give. I need motivation to pick my self back up or eventually I’m gonna ruin the good I have in my life. Any advice?

1 Like

Have you thought about seeking professional help? There is no shame to seek help because there are people that are trained and licensed to help people to better manage their lives and they listen to you without judgement and they are caring and understanding. If you need to talk feel free to message me.

Yea I do talk therapy. Helps for a day… they put me on prozac

Sorry to hear you feel so low. Just know you’re not alone. This exceptional circumstances shift everyone’s moods and it hit some of us harder. You reaching out shows us that you do wish to get better which is a big step. Prozac will take 3 weeks before you notice any difference so just be a little bit more patient. You will get better. You might also have to seek some therapy but I can assure you that Prozac will make your feel better if you just bare a little bit more. Again you reaching out to a doctor to take pills mean you do wish to get better and you will. Hang in there. There is light at the end of the tunnel. I personally find when I am in this dark place some videos of Tony Robbins or other uplifting self help videos help me loads. Be well and remember you are loved and deserved to be loved.