Lost - mourning parent

I am hurting. I lost my father 1 1/2 ish years ago & I still am having trouble dealing with it. We’re Christians so I know I’ll see him again one day but right now I feel lost. He was my sounding board. My biggest supporter. My rock.

3 Likes

I’m so sorry you are hurting. Your father sounds like a wonderful person to have had in your life. Give yourself time to grieve. People often think losing someone gets easier after the first year, but I know when my sister died, the 2nd year was harder than the first. I think I expected myself to feel further along after the first year. Is there anyone you have in your life who knew him and loved him too? Could you talk about it with that person if you think it might help you? Be gentle with yourself while you grieve. <3

3 Likes

Hi Friend.

It’s normal to carry that hurt when you lose a loved one. I lost someone back in 2012 and I still hurt sometimes over that and everything surrounding it. I am very sorry that you lost your father. I think it’s an amazing thing though that you had a closeness to your father. That he was your sounding board and such a huge supporter. How cool! I know not everyone has that in their parent. What a blessing. Sounds like you have a lot of good memories of him to carry with you.

Sending you so much love my friend. <3

1 Like

I do have great memories but I can hardly bear to think about them because when I do all I want to do is curl up & cry.

There are many people In my life I know I could talk to but I don’t know how or even if I could lay this burden on them. I would feel guilty for making them near the weight of my struggle.

And I don’t even know if I could find the words to fully express what I’m feeling.

I think it’s important to remember that you are not a burden. Let those around you be there for you. It IS okay to open up. :heart:

But I understand if you don’t quite know how or what to say. When you are ready. Reach out. It’s okay. Seriously. You don’t have to carry that weight alone.

3 Likes