Lost my best friend and girlfriend jennifer in 200

This is a topic from YOUTUBE. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on YouTube.

Belongs to: Therapist is glad there are no masks in Slipknot - Snuff
Lost my best friend and girlfriend (Jennifer) in 2006. I didn’t open up again until 2011 when I met Molly. She was hit head on by a drunk driver in 2013. 11 years later and I’m still a mess. :disappointed:

1 Like

I’m so sorry for what you’ve been through. I can’t imagine the pain this amount of loss must be causing you. It’s completely understandable if you are feeling like the world has fallen apart around you, and still is falling apart. It must seem like no matter what you do the light in your world is snuffed out. Any loss can be disheartening and can lead a person to fall into a deep well of sadness, but a violent and untimely one can cause a person to question whether there is a source of good in the world. You chose to reach out here and that’s not an insignificant thing. It takes courage to share your pain. We want to hear more from you. We think your story is important. I want you to know that while it has to feel like you are still grasping in the darkness of these terrible things that have happened to you, I find it very impressive that you shared with us. That, in itself, is a light. It’s not easy. Thank you.

1 Like

Hey friend, thank you for sharing. The loss you have endured is unimaginable for anyone who hasn’t gone through it. I can’t begin to imagine what that pain must feel like. After suffering for so long, opening up is really hard, especially when the person you’ve opened up to in the past isn’t here to listen. How are we supposed to trust that the next person we love or care for will be with us forever? Moving on from loss can feel impossible.

I want you to know that it is okay to not feel okay. Those emotions aren’t wrong, and you are not wrong for feeling them. Sometimes this world tells us that we have to move on and get over it, but that is unfair and unloving. You deserve to feel and mourn, and no matter how many years pass, you are not wrong for still feeling that pain. At the same time, I know that it is not comforting to sit through years of pain without an end in sight.

For myself, focusing intently on the idea of a brighter future and clinging to simple things like prayer have enabled me to endure my deepest pains. They might not pluck you out of your pain immediately, and they certainly didn’t for me. But, by committing to a future filled with hope and a new possibility for love and joy, I have been able to see through the darkest storms life has thrown my way. I want you to know that your life is valuable and your story is beautiful. Your honesty and courage have given me hope, and I know your story will continue to do the same for others. Even though the pain of your past might feel impossible to overcome, you are never struggling alone. You are loved eternally, and you are in my prayers right now.

I’m so sorry for your loss. Grief isn’t something that vanishes immediately or all at once. The feeling of hurt will lessen, but it still does hurt. For me, I lost my close relative at a young age and it took me years and years to not be overwhelmed by my grief. We will be able to cope eventually and stand up tall, because the hurt is not just hurt but gratitude. The ones we lost are still missed, but we can think of them and remember the love we shared, remember the laughs and smiles they gave us and see the ways that they still live on in our lives and our actions.

Your girlfriend seemed like she was an amazing person and I know she loved you very very much. Be gentle with yourself and let these emotions and this pain come and go. You will always have someone here at HeartSupport to talk to, please know you do not have to go through this alone. You are so loved my friend <3