Lost my friend/coworker

Lost my best friend/ coworker in a house fire Monday evening. His wife was able to make it out with 2 of their dogs and made her way to their neighbors to call 911 . She had bad smoke inhalation but is doing better now. Fire department showed up and couldn’t make entry because it was so hot and super thick smoke. They searched around outside knowing there was someone else, hoping he made it out. After about an hour they found my friend and their 3rd dog, who wouldn’t leave his side, next to a window inside their living area. To know he was trying his best to escape is what’s killing me inside. I’ve only been able to talk to my wife about it . I feel stuck on repeat. Other close coworkers don’t really wanna talk about it , so I feel stuck. I’m one of the few that knows he was found by a window trying to get out. I feel like it would help some coworkers to know that, instead of speculating.

8 Likes

JeepDad,

I’m so sorry for the loss and pain you are experiencing right now. It was good to meet you in Megs stream and I’m glad you posted here. You don’t have to walk through this alone. We’ll walk with you. Please know that grief is very individual and takes its own path. Please keep talking about this with others, please cry when you need to cry, when you’re angry it’s okay to say so. You may find your emotions all over the map - it’s so normal for that to happen. Know that you can always come here and talk it out with us. You are loved, you are cared for.

3 Likes

thank you so much for opening up about a raw moment in your life and the lives of people you care about. this loss is so heartbreaking and i want you to know that your ability to care so much is a rare, incredible thing. please embrace every stage of grief and know that your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations matter. you will be in my thoughts as you continue to process and feel every emotion that comes your way. your HS community is here for you always as well. love, twix

3 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss @JeepDad ,

I don’t know if these would help any, but I do have some resources on processing grief if you find that they may help you in some way, shape or form. I know it’s hard to lose someone you’re extremely close to, especially in a way like that. I hope that his family is alright, and maybe that you can be there for each other in these hard times.

Here are these though, I hope they help you. Wishing you and his family the best. Please take care of yourselves.

4 Likes

Hey JeepDad,

Dan, Casey, and our good friend Don responded to your post today live on stream.

Here is a video of them responding to your topic with some wonderful words of love and support.

5 Likes

Thank you to Heart Support and everyone else who has been so kind and helpful with information. It really means a lot. I am glad I was able to post on here for help.

3 Likes

Of course! We are here for you!:pray:t2::heartpulse:

1 Like

Hi JeepDad,
thank you for reaching out, welcome to Heart Support.
i am so sorry to hear that, my thoughts are with you, your family and the family of your friend, everyone who is
affected. you are not alone in this. grief is often too hard for us alone to take, too hard for everyone of us.
we all lost someone, loved ones, friends, family and people around us. and everytime it hits hard.
to talk about it, is the first and most important part. thank you that you have done that.
you are loved, you matter most and you make the world a better place. thank you. feel hugged :purple_heart:
feel double hugged, you deserve that.

3 Likes