Lost my friends, lost my girlfriend, cant find a job

Im feeling very frustrated, everything was fine for me i was getting my master’s degree, defended my diploma. What could go wrong?
Broke up with my gf(after 3 years of living together), lost my friends, and after all of that i cant find a job, dont even understand what i want to do in this life, my parent pushing me to do something and i understand that i should move further, but im simply dont wanna leave a house, dont wanna do anything.
i hate myself so much

Thank you everybody for support, hope u guys have a great life, better then me
Bye bye

Hi @LittleThoro,

People answer voluntarily here and it can take some time to get a reply, especially during weekends and holidays. It doesn’t mean your message isn’t important or that you don’t matter, just that we’re all doing as we can. :wink:

I’m sorry you ended your message by saying that you hate yourself. I understand why, sometimes, we can end in diminishing our self-esteem because of external events. But what you’re going through, the recent losses you mentioned, are not defining who you are or diminishing your worth. You are important and you’ve got many skills and qualities. I’m also sorry for your breakup. 3 years is indeed a long period to know each other, share great memories and have projects together. So I sincerely hope you already found healthy ways to cope with this situation and you feel okay to reach out to people you trust.

I also hope that, despite the difficult circumstances, you are proud of yourself for your master’s degree. Maybe with everything’s going on in your life right now, you didn’t have the time to think about it. I don’t know if equivalences are the same, but I’ve been there, and I know it takes strength and energy to reach that kind of goal. So I guess it wasn’t always an easy journey for you, and I’m glad you were able to defend your diploma. This is a victory for yourself that won’t disappear. For what it’s worth, I’m proud of you.

It’s quite normal if for the moment you don’t want to do anything. What you’re experiencing is difficult and it can take some time before you’ll feel better, even just a little bit. Things will be okay, but right now you need to take care of yourself because you’re processing diferrent losses. Maybe there are ways to think about a possible job without putting too much pressure on yourself. I also understand your parents, but maybe in this situation it would be great to try to talk to them so they can also understand what you’re going through.

This is not a dead end, but I hear your pain and we see you. You are not alone, and despite the late reply, it doesn’t mean nobody cares. You matter. And I hope things will get better for you in times to come. :heart:

1 Like

Break ups are so hard. I can certainly relate. When you’ve been in a relationship and living with someone for so long, things seem to be getting together and then all of a sudden things fall apart due to a break up.

It really is so difficult. I can relate as I went through a divorce and had to start over. And now I’m living with parents again to get back on my feet.

I’m sure your parents just want to see you succeed and do well. They want what’s best for you. But I understand how hard it can be to find the motivation and drive to push forward when you’re hurting or struggling.

I’m sorry my friend. I hope you know that what you are feeling and going through is valid. It’s understandable that you are having a hard time. It is important that you find a way to help yourself take steps of moving forward but be gentle on yourself.

It can be good to write down what it is that you want for yourself, your life and your future. Even in your relationships. To know what you need from someone else when together in order to make the relationship work. And it’s good to write down the things you’d like to achieve so that you can create small realistic and reasonable goals that you can work on to make those things happen. What are some small steps you can take to work towards the things you want.

And is therapy something that could help offer you guidance and a safe place to turn to while you try to process through all of that?

I know that self love is not always easy. But, Love yourself friend. You deserve to be loved not just by others but by yourself. You matter. No matter what you are or aren’t doing right now, you matter.

I hope and pray that you are able to find a peaceful resolve friend. That something comes together for you. Never be afraid to reach out and talk about what you are going through. To a family member, a friend or here. You don’t have to go through all of this alone. We’re here along the way.

You are always welcome to come hang and talk with us in streams too. So we can share the community love with you.

Sending you love.

• Kitty
1 Like