Lost my idol today

hey y’all, so today Mac miller died and he was one of three musicians I looked up to. Im not myself today. I’ve felt numb ever since I found out. I haven’t felt this way since my father died. I use to struggle with drinking and recreational drugs like adderal, and weed. For the first time in 2 1/2 years I’m not sure how to handle losing an idol. I’ve basically stopped going to aa, just cause i found it boring. Today I was debating using my last 6 bucks which has to last the week to get a 200ml bottle of whiskey to numb the pain.

@Bcrit

I am sorry to hear that you lost someone you looked up to and who meant a lot to you. That is hard, especially when perhaps Mac Miller helped you through your own struggles via his music or writing or even speaking out about his personal struggles.

Thank you for reaching out to us and sharing your struggles. I am proud of you, that you decided to share here instead of caving into the temptation to buy the whiskey. As tempting as it is to drink, drinking doesn’t stop the pain. It only puts it off for a time. And then you have to deal with your addiction on top of dealing with the pain that caused you to drink in the first place. Please think of that before you do anything rash, like drinking.

If you don’t have anyone to talk to in real life, please keep sharing on here. We are here to support you through this. You are not alone.

Hey @Bcrit,

I am so sorry you’re having to going through this.
I wish there was something I could say to make it hurt less, but sadly there isn’t. Know that it is okay to mourn. Take time for yourself and surround yourself with people during this time.

Thank you for being honest and sharing your struggle with us. Know that you’re not alone in this and we will support through all of it- no matter what.

Hold Fast,
-SJ