Lost my spark

Since about probably June at the earliest. I have been fighting a lack of motivation, drive, passion. That need and want to do what I love doing. It’s been slowly getting to me, attacking me, making me feel like I’m not even worth staying up or talking to anyone cause I’m not even able to keep myself happy and wanting to do anything, so I don’t know how I can do that for others.
I’ve tried new things, I’ve tried to drive deeper into my loves, I tried to push through and it’s just not working. Everything I try ends up falling into the what seems like an endless pile of failed interests. I try not to focus on the fact that nothing is working and secretly hope that I will find something to bring that back. Still nothing.
It’s made me so tired, it’s attacked my confidence so much that I feel worthless and I can’t handle feeling stuck this this puddle. It’s like frozen molasses, I can’t get out.

3 Likes

I can relate to this on so many levels, LadTap. It’s been such a struggle. I wish I had more to say and offer but man, I feel like a fraud because I can barely do what I’d try to advise you to do. Sometimes I feel like I know what I need to do to help myself get through it and reconnect and just don’t know how to push myself, or I don’t have the energy. Other times I don’t know what to do. But I’m totally in this boat right now with you.

I haven’t been able to truly connect to my art like I’d want to yet I have people requesting me to do commissions and projects. It’s so hard to do what I enjoy and love, let alone what others want from me.

I love you and I appreciate you. I appreciate your presence. And everything you bring to this community. You are anything but worthless my sweet friend. I hope that you’re able to find that drive again. I know I feel lost without it so I imagine you do too.

I’m rooting for you and I’m always only a DM away.

• Kitty
4 Likes

I’ve felt the same for quite awhile. I’m dealing with those same things and more. One thing triggers my thoughts to go into overdrive, and ithey are always negative. None of the things I liked to do bring me enjoyment anymore. I’ve already posted about my friend, and I. I’m sure I’m older than you and at this point I feel like a failure at life like it’s too late to recover. There are a lot of things I do know it’s too late for like having kids.
I’m starting Ketamine treatment again to fight the depression. They are EXPENSIVE though. I hope they at least take the edge off my pain.
I know this isn’t much help, but I guess to say you’re not alone. I wish I knew the answer

1 Like

Hey Lady Tapioca,
Thank you for being honest and posting, that’s not an easy thing. I’ve been in this place before and it is so hard to go through, I feel for you. Know that you are heard and supported. We love you dearly and you bring so much extra value to HS by being you. I know that I have personally benefited from the valuable things you have said in various chats, even if you aren’t feeling the best about things, you still have such a wonderful story and heart that helps others. Sometimes we have to go through the valleys of suck before things get better and passion, drive, etc. return to us. I’m encouraged to hear that you still are trying despite the challenges, you’re a warrior. You will never be worthless, friend. You are worthy of great things and to be loved, because we love and value you. Please never forget that.

1 Like

I am feeling the same way. Some days are so much harder and no one understands why I am so tired. It takes everything I have to get up and do the few things I must. The I try so hard and still feel like I am failing everyone. Sometimes I have no idea what to do. I can’t sleep some nights because I lay down and start thinking about everything. You are not alone. HUGS! You can message me if you need to talk. I am always here.

1 Like

Hi.
Thank you for reaching out. I have felt this this year to. Things will turn around. You just emotionally drained so that is why you feel like this.

Hold fast and know that this is temporary.

3 Likes