Lost,Scared,Need help

I am a student still in school I am what you would describe as athletic and nerdy in a way. I have recently have fell behind on my grades due to my mom and dad needing help with the family and I know they dislike when I get bad or low grades.I am supposed to graduate and go into the military. While I don’t mind I have never been the person with a plan, so when they told me this was the way to go I was a little scared considering my Biological father was in the military I am also named after him and he was dishonorably discharged , I was scared to turn out like him, still am the way things are going, I am trying my best last week of school to improve my grades and it looks like I failed I am talking with teacher last week making up missing assignments and test I have no idea how to do. I always just wanted to be a sports player I gave up on that knowing I wasn’t good enough,but not to long ago they invested all they had into one of my sisters, saying if she made it we were all going to be make it, yes my sister is doing incredible but I wish they took a chance all in on me the several times I asked and didn’t get one. I have been teaching myself almost everything I even taught myself how to box just because I never got taken to the gym. Back to me graduating in another year I do not know if I will be able to stay in school I do good until it come to the final stretch and I start to lose it, high school by the way , I really have only wanted to make money I have all these ideas and I tell them how possible it is and they say when you turn 18 enlist and get your 20 years and then do what you want, but I don’t think I will last that 20 I also say yes because I do have a side that doesn’t mind it but I am not even sure if I will graduate. I would rather just drop out and start up something to earn some money and grow a business I know it will be hard but I have been researching business for the last 3 years of my life and really think I could make it big if I take the chance, I just do know what to tell her if I end up not making grades and failing to get my diploma.

2 Likes

Sorry to those for so many error’s running off of 30 minutes of sleep this has been eating at me for a while. Towards the end I meant I don’t know what to say to her, Probably not the only error :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Hi! Look, I’m not an expert or anything, and I’m still under the age of 17, but I think I have some advice for you!

I’ve been falling behind in school lately, and I understand what you’re going through. I too am always pressured into getting good grades, planning out what job I’m going to get, and also wish my family gave me the support I really need. And from what I’m seeing in your post, you’re already so talented and you know that! But, the thoughts of school and jobs are really messing up your flow. I understand that too.

What I can tell you is to not give up. You don’t have to do military just because they said that’s the way to go. Honestly, it’s not the way to go. My dad was going to the military as well when he was younger, but he wouldn’t have met my mom, or had me. He would’ve missed out on so many opportunities, and wouldn’t have became the kind and loved person he is today.

So, don’t worry about your sister being awesome-er than you, or the support your parents should be giving you! That’ll make you fall even more behind track. Right now, focus on getting your grades up. Get some fresh air, make a blank google doc, and plan out what you want to do on it. It’ll get you started!

If you want, try studying the subject you might be falling behind in for 30 minutes. If you feel like you’re not making much progress after those 30 minutes, take a 5 minute break. Don’t push yourself over your limits, okay?

Your top priority is to graduate school with at least Bs! Don’t worry about getting A’s, but strive to get some! As long as you graduate, you’ll be okay. And dropping out really isn’t worth it. I’ve had many friends who were drop-outs, and they are not in very good places right now…

But either way, if you do end up failing (which I have high hopes that you won’t…), be honest with your family. Tell them that you failed. After all, school really is just a corporation. They’re making money off of you succeeding in school, and the reason why kids fail school is because those are the kids that the school can’t make money off of.

But for now, get some rest! I ran on 30 hours of sleep too due to insomnia, so sorry if my errors are really bad too! Make sure to hydrate, go to sleep earlier if you can, and don’t stress about school! You got this, and I’m cheering you on! I promise things will get so much better.

1 Like

Thanks I will keep working hard.

1 Like