Man,what a fucking mess

Sup everyone,

Sorry for bothering you all with this situation again but fuck me I need to talk about it, for anyone who wants some backstory.

So with the new update, it seems that I have reason to believe he could possibly have DID(dissociative identity disorder)I could be easily wrong, again I’m not a doctor, I’m some random idiot. The reason I say he could have it, is yesterday he woke up and told me that he didn’t believe that a picture of himself was actually him, although he took it a few days ago. Now that’s bizarre, but not too bizarre,shit gets more fucked later. Then he says "could you believe I thought I had depression"I told him no I knew the moment you came into the server we met that you had an issue and I told him he was in the middle of a maniac episode, and he was surprised, and he asked whether the server was for depression only when he knew that it wasn’t, so that was pretty bizarre, and I knew something was up. So I asked him his name and he said his name was “J”. Keep in mind that he never ever used it with me, and he said that he always liked it, so I was surprised to say the least, it was pretty suspicious, then he said that he “forgot his other name” so it was even more weird. Then I asked him about his cat and he said that he didn’t care, and he thought the cat was annoying, which was completely a billion percent out of character for him, so it was even more suspicious. I told him that he had breakdowns over the cat, and it was bizarre. Also, he said he didn’t know where his cat was, and I asked doesn’t he sleep with you on your bed(which his cat always does). And he said no he doesn’t like when his cat sleeps with him in his bed, then I proceed to show him multiple pictures he sent me of his cat sleeping with him on his bed, and he didn’t know how to react. After a while, I talked to my friend again, and then I asked about john, and he didn’t know who I was talking about, and I showed him the message, he didn’t know how to react. I told him that he started to suddenly hate his cat, then he said that no he loves his cat a lot, then I showed him the message again, and he told me “maybe I was tired” then I told him about the part about his cat not sleeping in his bed with proof and how “J” was shocked, and he didn’t know how to react, he tried justifying it, but we both knew something was up. So yeah,fuck me, what a mess. Also, to add, J said he hasn’t seen the cat, meanwhile my friend gives me normal updates, so that’s weird.

I would like to also apologize for bothering all of you with this and ruining New Year’s Eve, it’s just nuts man, like what a fucking mess, every fucking time there is something worse, like I’m legitimately thinking, what’s next?demonic possessions. I hope you guys could help me out.

3 Likes

Hey @Xavier1 These types of mental disorders are very, very complex and it’s really not your place to try and diagnose him (I say that with love). It could be as simple as derealization, which I experience a lot. I don’t have DID, I have BPD (borderline personality disorder), so without the proper education, there is really no way for you to figure it out. I would encourage him to seek professional help and just support him. You don’t need to do anything more than that. You are a good friend for caring so much, but you also need to think about your own mental health. ~Mystrose

4 Likes

hey xavier! so happy to hear from you again. hope your new year’s eve has been well and your new years ahead is spectacular! i’m sending you a bunch of love and strength as you work through this in supporting your friend and taking care of yourself overall. i’m glad you posted and can receive love and support here on the wall. i believe in you to help the ones you love as well as supporting yourself. happy new year, xavier!

4 Likes

Hey Friend, Thank you so much for your post having read this post and your notes I am slightly concerned for your friend myself and for you also. I wonder if you are getting out of your depth a little with it. I wonder with all the points that you have regarding his behaviour whether its time to encourage him to seek help with a professional and maybe take a step back for both of your sakes. I think its great that you are trying to just be a good supportive friend but sometimes there is only so much anyone can do when they dont have the proper knowledge or ability to make a proper diagnosis. I hope all that can be sorted out and your friend gets the help they need. Much Love Lisa. x

4 Likes

Hello, Xavier1! I’m glad you feel comfortable posting to the wall. This sounds very complicated. I think the best thing you can do for your friend is to encourage them to find a professional to help them. It’s very kind of you to want to help them but this may be beyond you just for your own mental health :hrtlegolove: Good luck and Happy New Year :sparkler::fireworks:

5 Likes

Guys,not to sound disrespectful,but if you read the topics I linked,he is already getting help with medication as well and I made it clear that Im not diagnosing him

I could be easily wrong, again I’m not a doctor, I’m some random idiot

,I feel that you havent read the back story for it,which again,im not trying to be an asshole here,trust me Im not,but those previous ones give off a lot of back story

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

hey, thanks for the update.

As Wings mentioned it can take some time for the meds to work and do their job.

Sometimes when we can about someone, we can become hyper vigilant, especially when we’re a bit nervous or fearful. I think it’s awesome that you care about him and worry about his housing ,his cats, etc. But I think the best thing now if for you to also give the meds some time to work, to let him body and brain adjust. Remember there was an imbalance in his brain, a couple things about him may change as the meds work to help adjust his brain chemistry. That is to be expected, heck that’s what you want!

So maybe it’s best to not read too much into these episodes when they happen because they could be temporary and not mean anything in a day or two.

We also can burn out, friend. This sort of hyper vigilance is draining. I would say that you’ve earned a tiny break yourself, take a couple days to rest and relax and catch up with your support system. Don’t think to analyze your buddy for a day or two, just be kind and supportive and not upset him. In a few more days he’ll start to stabilize and then you’ll see how he’s doing.

It’s awesome that you care, but please also show some of that care to yourself!

We’re here for you, and wishing you a happy new year too! :smiley:

3 Likes

You’re right to be honest,looking back maybe Im overthinking a bit,maybe I just need to chill a bit and relax,yeah,that is a good idea.

3 Likes

yup! Glad you got my point.

Take a wee little break, focus on doing your own thing. Taking care of yourself lets you be able to care about others too!

You can always let us know what fun stuff or what relaxing things you get up to, if you feel like sharing (no pressure of course!) :slight_smile:
always nice hearing from you. You be safe and have some fun! And remember, you matter too :smiley:

1 Like

I mean to be honest with you sita,in general I feel more fucked over by my friends you know,like they are ignoring me or just dont want to talk to me,other people I wanna help them,but they act with sticks up their ass while Im attempting to help them,no matter how hard you help them,they spit on your face,and Im like help me out here,I understand its about them,not me,for real I really fucking do.But there has to be some cooperation here you know,so yeah,feeling bummed out a bit,then this shit comes up and Im like fuck me.

At everyone: Please always solve that kind of issue by flagging a topic so the topic itself stays on topic (the subject being helping a friend here) and so differences of opinion can be solved privately.