MattyMullins Fan #3

I have gained weight because of depression, have an unhealthy self image, fear of abandonment, and reckless behaviors. My parents don’t believe I’m struggling.

I personally have dealt with this. Its going to take time but i believe if I can do it you can to.
First There is always hope. Legit say There is always hope. Now say Morgan Believes in me. (thats me) You got someone now that believes in you.

For a very long time in my life I feared getting fat any time I gained weight from growing up as a teenager I freaked out. I feared well if I am getting fat no one will think I am attractive. It took a lot realizing I was not loving myself and not believing I could achieve a lot. I started setting Goals I could achieve first and worked my way up.

And if you want even more help hit me up on discord!

Hold Fast
Morgan Vincent Hochstetler
@MorganVinHoch
HS Intern

1 Like

You are not alone in this, as I also am struggling with weight from depression and have resulted in having an unhealthy self image. I have a hard time reaching out to my parents as well, but I have found it helpful lately to find a friend I feel comfortable talking to as it helps me feel like I can get things off my chest. I’m proud of you for opening up and reaching out, it’s encouraging me to not be afraid to seek help again! Stay strong, and remember that you are loved by so many.

You’ve got this! You can get through this, I have dealt with having a bad self body image myself and you just gotta start by letting go and saying “I don’t care what others think of me.” Because that is honestly the root of it and once you do that you will feel so much freer. Also, with depression, what I’ve found that helps is you just gotta spend time with people, reaching out to friends that are there for you, even if it’s one person, like your best friend that you can just tell anything to can help you. Also, Idk if you are religious but as a Christian myself when I give it up to God and lift it up to Him in prayer, it’s all just lifted off my shoulders, I highly encourage you to look into Christianity if you aren’t a believer already, explore the love God has for you, it’s more than you will ever know. “For God loved the world in this way: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.” - John‬ ‭3:16‬