Meant to be admitted. I'm terrified

Life has recently been pretty tough and I’ve slipped into a fairly deep depression

My therapist wants me to be admitted to a mental rehab facility, just to let me have a chance to clear my mind and try rectify who and where I am.

It’s not the fear of being judged or anything, I’ve just always hated any sort of hospital, and I’m terrified of going to this one.
Its a great facility, but I really don’t wnat to go.

I don’t know if I’m resisting cause of my depression or if I’m just having my usual hospital fear come out. :frowning:

Anyone been here? Anyone gone through with a clinic and felt that it was worth it/not worth it?

1 Like

Hey paganlace,

from my experience I can say, the longer I resisted such clinics or facilities, the more difficult it becomes.
If you have help from therapists, use it. If he recommends a clinic, look at it. Nobody can force you into something you do not want.
a try is worth it or not? :slight_smile:

I never would get help, but it just kept getting worse and worse. Now I have ways to cope and have counseling dont feel judge sometimes you gotta help yourself

Hi guys.

Writing from inside the health facility. This was so worth it. I will be here a short time but the chance to break away and have forced phone-down time is invaluable.

Thanks to XHorizons for helping push me to go.

Yes! I have been there my friend. It’s okay to need a safe place where you can just get away, heal and take a breath.

A handful of months ago my therapist recommended me the same thing. She sent me straight to the hospital to be admitted for inpatient care for a little while.

Sometimes we need it. I hate hospitals too. I am weary of doctors and their attitude towards me. But do not be afraid to take this step. It’s nothing bad. It’s very good. And you may find that you appreciate the chance to just recoup.

It can be scary. Trust me I know. But give it a try. You may be grateful for it.

I won’t lie I’ve had bad experiences with some hospitals. But there are good doctors, nurses and hospitals out there. Not all are bad. Just the same that not all people are bad. Give it a chance.

It’ll let you just be away from the outside world for a little bit while you recharge. :heart:

And we will be here to support you along the way!

• Kitty

Sorry for the late reply!

The programme ended in late June, and I’ve been out and clear since. A few of life’s events appeared as stressors, but nothing working with my psychiatrist and psychologist couldn’t help me move through.

What I’d recommend to anyone, if they have the chance, is to visit a facility that is outdoors and away from general urban sprawl.
I went ot Life Riverfield. Its north-west of Johannesburg, and is in a sort of farmy style space. You’re close to the city in an emergency but there is a great sense of isolation and detachment.
Try to get somewhere there, as the value of the space added greatly to my treatment.