Med withdrawl

update about the whole moving process will come soon, I’m struggling a lot right now and I cant seem to find the energy, but right now I need advice.

We’re poor, like super poor, i had to ask my best friend for 100 dollars for a motel room a week ago because we had 5 bucks. It’s been very difficult and we’re living out of motels.

I’m on lexapro, but I’m in a different state and my script ran out a week ago and my Ca insurance doesn’t cover it in Oregon (i feel like i should say the state in case it helps)

So we don’t have the money to pay for it because we’re keeping all we got for food and other necessities (and its also not even enough because we’re over 10 dollars short)

We also don’t have a car to receive it (It’s smoking after a 12 hour road trip and we’re both too scared to test it out and go for it) and I don’t know how a delivered script would work at a motel. Withdrawals are really bad, like really really bad. I feel like I’m not in my body, and whenever i move it feels disconnected and weird and shifty, like my souls trying to escape, i also keep getting something called brain zaps when i move my head, which has been insane. I feel really really bad and there’s absolutely no way to get my meds at all, but its also been a week so it might be even more harmful to start taking them again? maybe this would be different if i had cold turkey’d it on purpose and it was my choice, but it wasn’t so its not like i have this mentality that helps out at all.

I’m not sure what to do about this, please let me know anything at all, we haven’t called around other pharmacies but we’re almost positive it’ll be the exact same price, and even if its lower we still wont be able to get it without it being too much.

My mom gets money on the 1st, but by then it’ll be the 2 week mark and i feel like that wouldn’t be good to just start taking again.

I also want to make it clear that it hasn’t been helping me, I’ve relapsed twice while taking it, and its generally made me feel worse, no depression or anxiety improvement at all, so its not the biggest loss not having it but its obviously not safe to do cold turkey and i know that, so i dislike this either way.

Any suggestions or knowledge that might help will be really good right now, and ill do the big moving update when i feel a bit better, because there is A LOT to talk about.

3 Likes

Are you out of refills or just need a refill? A refill shouldn’t be a problem especially if it’s at the same pharmacy chain (they will bill insurance). If you need a refill, you can call your doctor and have them call in your script to the pharmacy you choose. You can also ask them your questions about taking the lexapro if you need to.

I’m sorry you’re having such a hard time. You could try calling 211 and see if they can help find some resources that would be helpful.

Stay safe :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

Mystrose is right about the refills and it probably wouldnt hurt to talk to your doctor to see if there might be a better fit for you. Did you mention how long you were taking it? It usually take at least a couple weeks to work.

Yes, withdraws to suck. I switched blood pressure medicine when I had my daughter and I had bad withdraws from my old one. If youve gone this long though, youre probably just about through the withdraw stage. I would still try to make it a priority to either get a refill or talk to your doctor.

Has your family tried getting help from the state? Food stamps, medicaid, etc? They may even be able to provide rent payment assistance and find you low income housing that goes on a sliding scale based on income rather than a set price. It is worth looking into at least.

2 Likes

How are you doing at this point graciee? Mystrose gave some good advice but if you are having serious symptoms of withdrawal, or haven’t been able to get your medications, the ER is always an option if needed. Bring your CA medicaid card with you and explain your current situation. It’s not good to go without your meds and I hate that you are going through this without any cash at this time. This must be so difficult for you. Dealing with your current housing even on meds is tough, it’s got to be tougher without them. Please make yourself a priority and follow through with getting the help you need. And please come back and let us know how you are doing.

1 Like

it’s good to hear from you again, I’m so sorry it’s been a rough start for you and your mum. I can imagine that you and her are so overwhelmed with the situations going on around you.
I imagine you didn’t get a chance to talk to your dr about the medication not really working too well before you left? It’s a hard place to be in because you don’t want to go cold turkey as you’re saying, I think as mamadien has said that perhaps going to emergency with your Medicaid card and explaining the situation they’d hopefully be able to find options.
Because going back certainly is also not a good option.
I hope things start to look up for you and your mum. You both deserve it x

Hello, graciee! I’m sorry your move has been going so poorly and that you are struggling to get your meds.

My insurance is also state based and it can be so frustrating. I know that you can usually have things mailed directly to a post office and you can pick it up there. Or at least that used to be a thing. If the post office is walking distance your could try calling and asking them if that is still a service they provide. I also sometimes use a website called goodrx.com You can plus in your prescription name and your location and it will tell you the prices you can get the medicine for at local pharmacies. You basically take the prescription and the ‘coupon’ goodrx provides and you get the meds for that price. If you find something you could afford you can call your doctor and ask for them to call the prescription in to that pharmacy. It would also be a good time to ask your doctor questions about starting it up again. Hopefully you can find a way to get your medicine again if it helps you so that you can have one less thing to fret about during this transition.

I hope that your move starts to go better and that the new chapter you are starting in your life ends up being a wonderful turning point in which things can start to improve. Keep swimming and good luck :hrtlegolove:

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.