Meeting my dads gf’s son tomorrow…

I am nervous to meet her son…

1 Like

From fairygirl41612: Well how do you feel and what are you nervous about?

1 Like

Hi Katelynn,
what makes you feel nervous about is ? you already know her, so. just be yourself and welcome them in your
life. life comes with new people, so often.
you will do great, you are loved and you matter :purple_heart:

1 Like

Hey Katelynn,

You’ve been nervous about this for a while. And being nervous is normal. It doesn’t make it easier but it is normal, especially when it’s Dad’s gf’s kiddo because you will spend time with them whether you like each other or not. Take a deep breath my friend. Chances are really good he’s just as nervous, even if he doesn’t say anything about it. Be you, be nice, see what happens and don’t make any judgements for a while. Expect it to be awkward, because it likely will be. It’ll take time to work out how to get along with him because of the family dynamics here. How you choose to go into this meeting will help determine how this meet and greet goes. Good luck!

2 Likes

Hey @Katelynn,

It makes completely sense to feel nervous about it. This is about meeting people who are new and that we may start to share a lot of our life with. The implications are high, and being nervous shows how much you care about this meeting to go well for everyone. As @Mamadien expressed so very well: there is a high chance that he is also going to be nervous about meeting you. There can be (even just a tiny bit) of comfort in knowing that in this situation you are all going to be at the same level and would be experiencing something similar. It might be a little bit awkward at first, just like when we we meet someone for the first time – we take little steps into the unknown, which can be intimidating, but little by little we also learn to become familiar and get to know each other better. Sometimes it even helps to break the ice by stating clearly “I was nervous about meeting you and now I’m glad we get to know each other”, or something of that nature. It’s okay to be honest about this, in a gentle way. Oftentimes we expect from ourselves to hide how we feel while these emotions could be shared and also be a part of connecting with one another.

Ultimately, he is going to meet a very lovely and caring person: you! You will be okay, @Katelynn, even if it is likely to take some time for both of you to feel 100% comfortable in the presence of each other. Be patient with yourself, with your heart, and know that how you feel through all of this is very important. <3

2 Likes