Messaging someone online

I am still talking to the person. There is also another person involved and I express my concerns about the situation and they assure me that it’s going to be okay and just to trust them. My thoughts about this is why I accepted this offer when the person told me he needed money to start a farm and it has since been a hectic 2-4 months. This may have an impact on me in the future as I need to be careful to who I give money to. Also, I just give to anybody and feel like I’m being vulnerable to the world as to if anybody in public asks me to do anything, I just do it and don’t question them first as to their intention.

1 Like

Also, when there’s a new notification that pops up in the Discord, I get anxious as to finding out if it is the person I’m talking to, as to if he wants funds or a general chat. I feel some self-condemnation as I had a hard time eating and sleeping and had some pressure, but now it has been a bit better.

1 Like

I hear you. And I would like to encourage you to block them completely, then close the conversation that you already have with them. How would you feel about doing that?

You deserve some peace of mind, as this has been ongoing for a long time now. Your peace is so important to protect, friend. You don’t have to be in contact with them anymore. You can let them go. :hrtlegolove:

[quote=“Micro, post:23, topic:31949, full:true”]
I hear you. And I would like to encourage you to block them completely, then close the conversation that you already have with them. How would you feel about doing that?

Right now, the person is wanting to return the money to me. Maybe when all the money is returned, I will tell him that this has been a hectic season for both of us and that I will block him if he decides to want more funds in the future.

1 Like

Right now, the person is wanting to return the money to me. Maybe when all the money is returned, I will tell him that this has been a hectic season for both of us and that I will block him if he decides to want more funds in the future.

Given how things have been and the fact that they did scam you before, I would think that it’s safe to say that they are now trying to stay in contact with you and eventually take more money from you. It is very unlikely that they are going to return your money to you. I’m really sorry, friend. You know, scammers play with the feelings of guilt, just like the ones you might be experiencing right now. It is unfortunately the kind of situation that requires strong boundaries, because the more you stay in touch, the more they are likely to try to get more money from you. They will always come with a new reason, a new argument, a new situation, and they have their own system in order to get what they want. It’s manipulation and it’s not your fault. The fact that they received money from you already gives them some indication that they could steal more. For your own safety, I really encourage you to cut the rope and make sure to not be in contact with them anymore. I don’t know them of course, but their well-being is unfortunately surely not part of their interests. Scamming may be part of what they do for a living, so they don’t care investing time with someone especially if they respond to them.

1 Like

hi there,

I take it you’re still in contact with this scammer.

Can I ask you something? I know it’s been suggested here, and your dad has done the same too, where it has been suggested that you block and delete this person from your discord. And you’ve found reasons to not do so.

It is highly likely that this person will NOT return your money. Indeed, it may be the case where they are talking to you still for you to give them more money.

May I ask what is the real reason you haven’t cut communication with them?
Is it that you genuinely believe that they didn’t steal the money from you under false pretenses? Or do you feel a sense of friendship with this person?
Do you and this person talk about other life stuff and not just money?
What is the reason that makes it difficult for you to cut communication with this person?

What is your plan for when he asks you for more money?
I’m not sure if you’re aware of Kitboga and the scammers he talks to. It might be useful for you watch a few of his calls so you can see how the scammers lie to get money from their victims.

Especially when the victim feels sorry for them (Kit regularly gets told when he calls them out that they have a mother or grandmother who is ill/has broken arm and they will stop scamming after getting money).
There’s ALWAYS a reason and a time for when they will stop scamming, that’s part of the script, part of the things they say to ALL their victims, and they just wait for the right victim to feel sorry for them.

I think you may be getting some sort of emotional satisfaction from talking to these persons, and it may feel like they care about you. I’m sure if you told them that your parents blocked you from accessing any money for the next two years, and you don’t have any more access to any funds, that they will get angry with you and stop being as nice to you.

I worry about you friend.

The person says that they are not a scammer and that he is only trying to help his family not go homeless. I have already received some money back. My indecision of whether to block him or not is somewhat confusing me as the person says he is not a scammer and then other people says he is. I do not know who to listen to. Also, if I block him, he might come back and get angry with me as to why I blocked him and that we were close to the goal. We do talk about other stuff and he says that after this situation is done, he will help me deal with my problems. I think the real reason I haven’t let this person go is that I am afraid that law enforcement might get involved and that the person might hold a grudge against me for the rest of their life.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.