Might start tutoring!

phew, I’m posting a lot lately! this got lowkey longer than i wanted it to be, oops.

but anyways, i have been thinking about tutoring for a while, actually. english is not my first language but i absolutely love speaking it and I’d consider myself pretty good at it as well ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ same with german, which is my native language.
i love languages in general and I’m trying to learn french and spanish at the moment. i did study french for a couple years in school, but i can’t speak it as well as i’d like to. though at least i’m pretty good at understanding it.

but yes, my psychiatrist told me i should consider tutoring people. and while he did say i should look into joining a group that offers tutoring, i would like to go slow and see if it would even be my thing in the long run. i have the tendency to get bored of things if i do them a lot. so for now i’m starting with helping my cousin, who was held back and is now doing 6th grade again. we had one session before and he liked it very much, apparently and we’ll have another tomorrow. i’m actually quite excited. i don’t get to spend much time with him, so i’m happy about this.

and on another quick note, we finally got my ekg done so i’ll be put on anti depressants soon. just wanted to share that as well :]

7 Likes

That is some very good news. Super proud of you. I am glad you are doing better and that you have found a new direction in life :slightly_smiling_face: Good luck with the tutoring :wink:

I also hope you will respond well to the antidepressant. That would be great :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This seems really exciting! And it’s so good to see that your psychiatrist encourages and supports you in this way. You also have a very thouhtful and safe approach - taking it easy and gradually, so you can see how it goes for you personally.

You’re amazing! Keep spreading your wings. It suits you so well.

1 Like

oooh lovely! the gift of language!

This sounds like an awesome thing to get into, and i hope you really discover a whole new world of fun and adventure with tutoring! Wishing you best of luck with it :smiley:

2 Likes

Hey Friend,

Tutoring is pretty cool, I used to tutor the younger kids when I was in high school and in college. It’s such a rewarding thing, especially when you see them begin to learn and to catch on to things.

I hope it works out for you.

One thing you could possibly look into, is reaching out to a school and see if anyone is in need for a tutor for foreign language, and if so maybe you could volunteer there. Or also depending on how old you are, I know there are websites where people go and post how their kid needs tutored (as like a job) and you can do it over zoom or in person.

So there’s a few different ideas and options for you as well.

Wishing you well on this journey.

Hold Fast, With Love,
Monkey

1 Like