Missing you guys

I’ve been fighting a really severe virus (not covid). It’s had me off my feet for a week. It was the worst I’ve felt in many years. A residual effect of Lyme’s disease causes any health challenge, such as a virus, to trigger a ton of painful neuropathy and sensitivity. You might’ve heard someone say, “even my hair hurts,” and that was pretty close to the truth. It was an amazing assortment of symptoms!

I’m getting better now.

One thing about it, after such an experience, the ability to perform basic life functions has left me feeling giddy with gratitude.

I’m not quite there yet, but I’ll be back soon. Hopefully tomorrow.

10 Likes

Oh @Wings, thank you so much for these updates. I was wondering if you were okay. When I wake up and check on the Wall, I’m used to see and read the responses you’ve posted a couple hours before! Noticed you were a little less around lately.

I’m so sorry for the pain you’ve been experiencing, although it is a big relief to hear that you’re getting better now. These are the kind of experience that no one wants to have. I appreciate and respect so much your outlook on this today, while recovering your ability to do basic tasks. There are things to learn, even during a time of helplessness.

I’m grateful for you sharing these life updates. May your recovery keep going as much as you need. Take it easy today if necessary. You’re loved. :hrtlegolove:

4 Likes

Hi Wings :slightly_smiling_face:
I am sorry you have been in so much pain. I am glad you are getting better. I hope you will get out of it soon. :heart:

1 Like

So glad to see you and hear that you’re on the mend! “Even my hair hurts” is a great way to say it, and I’m so happy that you’re in a solid recovery state now!

Your presence and wisdom are always treasured here, and you have been missed :slight_smile:
thanks for the update!

2 Likes

I’m sorry to hear about your illness, but I’m very glad to hear you’re recovering and will be back with us. You’re loved.

4 Likes

thank you for always putting so much time and thought into your replies. Thank you for being such a constant source of help and advice and support! I think it’s safe to say that everyone appreciates you so much. I really hope you do keep taking time to rest and let your body recover. Take care!

3 Likes

Wings, I am so very sorry to hear you have been so unwell, you are such an amazing light in this community. I can’t tell you how happy I am that you are now on the mend and getting back to the person we all know and love so very much. Welcome back friend and I hope this is something that is not going to bother you again. Much love as always to you. Lisa xx

3 Likes

Hi Wings. Sorry that you’ve not been well, big hugs. You are such a wonderful person and a huge support to everyone here. I just wanted to tell you that and I hope that your recovery from this is quick! ~Mystrose

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.