Mommafoxfire Fan #2

Even though i know I’m not the only one going through this, I feel really isolated even with video calls. Things are reopening and I think it’s bull shit that everyone is willing to risk increasing infection numbers, but at the same time, I understand wanting to see others “out in the wild.” It’s just hard. All of this.

3 Likes

It IS hard! I feel you on the isolation even w/ technology. I have my kids with me most of the time, not sure of your situation, but even with the kids - I miss other adult interaction. I would encourage you to follow your instincts about not wanting to risk infection - it’s a real problem with things opening again, and at least in Texas that risk is being largely ignored. I’m sorry you’re feeling alone, hopefully you get some encouragement in knowing you are NOT alone in feeling this way, and that there ARE people who DO care!!

2 Likes

I’m a natural-born hermit, and the isolation is even starting to get to me now! You’re right that you aren’t the only one experiencing this frustration, but that doesn’t make your experience invalid. Reading your post, I immediately saw my partner’s face in my mind’s eye… She’s been really upset and crying a lot due to feeling so trapped. Every time she gets upset, I hold her for a while. I wish I could offer you a hug, some real, physical connection, but I can’t…

For what it’s worth, I think you’re very smart and strong to resist the urge to go out into the world despite everything “re-opening.” I’m in Texas, and like Momma mentioned, people are largely ignoring the risks here… Things are going to keep getting worse here for a while… It’s terrifying. Where ever you are, thank you for being considerate of your community, for putting aside your own desires and needs to ensure the safety of others in your community. It sucks. It’s lonely. It’s constricting and confining. I see your sacrifice and I thank you. :heart:

2 Likes

This is such a confusing time. There is no way to know if we are doing the right things; we can only do our best and just keep trying. You are certainly not alone in what you’re feeling! I keep trying to grasp on to a couple of lessons I hope I’ll hold onto that will help make all of this matter. Sounds like you are working hard to do the same! That’s wonderful!

2 Likes

It definitely won’t be the same as being around a real person, but if you’re a physical person and tend to interact physically as well as verbally, giving your body the same physical stimulus that you’d get around a real person might help! If you like hugs, maybe you can give yourself a big squeeze, or if you put your arm around someone, you could put your arm around a pillow. It’s definitely not the same, but it could help fill the void.

2 Likes

I’m a hardcore introvert, but even I am feeling the strain. I applaud your willingness to think of others, especially now when it seems so many aren’t. You are strong and worthy of love. Keep fighting the good fight.

2 Likes