Mother xxxx

So my mom both found out about my depression and anxiety and started her chemo again. I just don’t know how to feel

3 Likes

@echo

Hey friend, it’s okay if you don’t really know how you feel right now. It’s a lot to handle at the same time and you may need some time to process what’s happening in your life. Talking about it can help you to identify your emotions, if you feel comfortable enough to do that. But it’s never an obligation to share about what’s going on. Just know that we’re here for you, here to listen and talk about it whenever you want. You are not alone, okay? :heart:

I don’t know about your relationship with your mom so I can only imagine that maybe it’s a bit stressful for you to know that someone close to you found out about your depression? If it’s the case, please don’t forget that there’s nothing to be ashamed of. Also it’s not making you a burden for others or anything like this. There are many people who struggle with depression and anxiety in this world. And something I personally know about it is that staying alone isn’t helpful at all. We can easily feel trapped and alone when we’re overwhelmed by depressing thoughts. It really amplifies dark thoughts and heavy feelings. So I’d like to think that the fact your mother knows about it could be a first step for you to feel less alone, to see that people care about you. And no matter what, we care about you here. :heart:

Also I’m sorry that your mom has to start chemo again. And I don’t want to presume anything about how you feel about it, but please don’t forget that what you and her are going through are different things. It’s not because she has health issues that your feelings aren’t valid or you can’t share about what’s going on for you. So I hope you don’t feel guilty about this depression and anxiety. First because you didn’t ask for this, but also because it’s just what it is for the moment and there’s no reason to feel guilty about it. Even if your mom has to receive chemo, life is still going on and there’s still hope.

Chemo itself is difficult to handle physically and mentally. As I’ve been currently having chemo for months now, I know how it makes you feel on a daily basis, the side effects, the uncertainties. There are ups and downs in those kind of treatments and it can seem to be like a neverending rollercoaster. But I can only talk about it from a patient perspective and not from my family or anyone else’s view. If it happens that you have some fears or questions about it and you don’t really know how to talk about it with your mom, feel free to DM me. I can still try to answer as much as I can, but again it would be only from my own experience.

Also I want to emphasize is that your voice, your life but also how all of this makes you feel matters. Talking about it with our beloved ones can be really difficult but it’s also really important to share about how it makes you feel. Really. So right now your mom and you have each other and… who knows, it could be a really powerful strength for both of you to go through all of this. :wink:

I sincerely wish you the best to you you and your mom. Don’t forget that we’re here for you, always.
Hold fast. :heart:

2 Likes

It’s okay to let your parents in on how you are feeling. It’s good to share with each other what’s going on so you can lean on each other. I know your momma has stuff going on but I’m sure she still loves and cares for you and wants you to be okay.

I’m sending you and your mom lots of love. You’re always welcome to share here. :heart:

1 Like