Moving back to dads house?

At the start of August I finally had the strength to move out of my parents’ house on my own, it was an important step because my dad is highly abusive, I mean, so were my sisters, but he was the worst. I think that’s somewhat even worse now that my mum left and no longer lives there - he’s been a lot more intense…
For a few weeks, I really struggled, so badly - I was in a really bad way most nights, and I was inconsolable. Then when I got back into the work routine, things started to become OK, and I was comfortable… Thing is, these last few days, I’ve been back to square one and I don’t think I can do this anymore. I don’t know if I can keep living on my own, I’m just constantly feeling like I’m having trouble with everything. Especially finances.
I’ve gotten so much better at managing money than I was, but I still ideally need to be earning more than I am. I don’t have the energy to do the overtime tho. My job is pretty demanding physically, and even the way we’re treated by some staff is hard on mental health - it drains all of my energy by the end of a not even 4 hour shift. My depression is just eating away at my energy levels, making me too tired to function, so a second job would just be too much for me to handle. Last time I tried to push myself more than I’m pushing myself right now, I ended up in hospital. I don’t want that, but I don’t want to continue to spend my day feeling overwhelmed by everything - moving back in with my dad and sisters means that there would be some others to take those burdens… Surely moving back to his house is the best choice? :confused:

Kayla

2 Likes

I am very sorry to hear that can you move somewhere else even temporary?

Hey Kayla,
Have you tried finding other resources to help you financially? There is a lot of options through the government or non-profit organization to help keep you out of an abusive home. It’s never good to over do yourself. I have also found different apps on my phone that give me money back if I scan in my receipts from the grocery store. I always end up saving a lot of money from grocery shopping by using these apps.

Going back there would be so hard on you though. You were in such a bad place. Why go back to the place that was killing you so much?

I know it’s hard right now sweetheart but you are strong. You can fight this! We all love you so much. I hate to see you struggling. But I get it.

Don’t give up. If you went back there you’d hate it. Don’t do that if you don’t have to. Keep looking forward love. Things can get better. There are other solutions.

Sending love

1 Like