Musician losing hope

I don’t really know how this all works yet but I’m reaching out because I have no one I can talk to and no idea how to fix where I’m at. I’m broken to the point of giving up.

2 Likes

Some days, I don’t feel much better man, but what really makes everything flow the way that it should is loving yourself, trusting in your own capability, and understanding that with time everything can change. Opportunity presents itself when you least expect it, and when you walk around with your head held down from weariness or shame, then you’ll fail to see it. We love you, and YOU GOT THIS.

4 Likes

Idk man. I appreciate it, but it’s literally the only thing I have. I have no friends outside my band, I have no family, no hobbies that I can pursue. I’m always alone because we’re spread out. I’m beat down. I’ve got nothing left in the tank and don’t want to go on. I work so hard and just never see any gain

Take a break dude. Don’t waste yourself. Pick up a book, put yourself in an uncomfortable and unfamiliar situation, hang it up for a while. Have patience, allow your own passion to flower on its own terms, don’t force it.

1 Like

I don’t have a choice. I have 4 other dudes relying on me

Don’t know what kind of music you like but I hope you can find some comfort in those My Friend.
I’m a musician myself.
Know that You are Loved.
You are a blessing to others and the World.
Keep blessing the world with your Art.
It can heal not only yourself but the world.

Hugz! Peace be with You Always.

1 Like

Thanks guys!! I really appreciate all the support. Yeah I’m a huge metalcore guy haha so Killswitch is a great choice. Just never gets any easier

Hey @joshftwcs!

Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry to hear that you’re going through a rough patch right now. You mentioned that you have no hobbies outside of playing music - is this because music is your hobby, or is it more of a job? Something that helps me ignore negative thoughts is to keep my mind as busy as possible, for as long as possible. I, too, make music, but for me, it’s more of a hobby. In the meantime, I’m working 2 jobs and have 2 side-gigs (not including music). This seems to keep me afloat (although being a workaholic can be dangerous so I’m still trying to find that balance :slight_smile:). If you have a passion in music, have you considered working on the other side of the industry, in the music business industry?

-Eric

Music is both my hobby, passion, and my career.

Hey there,

From what I can tell by your post and your responses, you care about music and you care about your bandmates, but you need an escape from that at times. There is nothing wrong with that, that is completely normal. There are plenty of things that you can do to take your mind off of the stuff that you are getting tired of doing. For example, besides my line of work, I like to watch racing, fly drones, drive RC cars, play games, listen to music, and help out people on the support wall and in the discord. All of these things that I do are both things that I enjoy doing and I don’t get burned out because there is always something different and new that I can do.

We cant be the one to tell you what you have to do that you like or you find enjoying, but the first step is to just try it. If I didn’t try the things that I enjoy, I would have never known that I enjoy it. It’s up to you to be able to find those things and capitalize on it. Im not saying to give up on music, but find something other than just music that you can do to give yourself a little reprieve. AND if you can get yourself into other things, you can make new friends and have conversations with people you never expected you would have.

Hope this helps,
Yummerz

you can always ask for help from your band members, and if you can’t think of anything try switching types like rap to metal or rap to hip hop. a bunch of successful musicians do that. i think you can make great song

by your friend Happyzebra