My abuse story. What am I supposed to do?

So here it goes.Only a few people know that my sister abused me. It started from a young age. At first it was mental and emotional abuse, then the physical abuse started. The worse it got to was she pulled a knife and sliced my knee with it, I still have the scar from it. I’m constantly having flashbacks to the days when she would hit me. She no longer lives at the house. She keeps trying to contact me but I don’t want to talk to her. I’m afraid that if I talk to her I’ll say things that I’ll regret. I’m constantly wondering what I’m supposed to do in this situation I’m in.

Maybe you could talk to her, either over the phone or something, but have someone you trust with you. Or send her a nonverbal message, letter or something, explaining you don’t want to talk to her.
I’m sorry you feel like this, but remember you are strong. You can move on. The world belongs to you, and you can do whatever you want and decide
Hold Fast

Hi Riversong08,

Let me just start by saying how sorry I am to know that your are in that situation. Sisters are supposed to love and care for their siblings. I am so sorry. That is a tough situation and the truth is I don’t think there is any easy response to that situation. I don’t know what your family is like, but would you be able to tell anyone what happened and is happening? I can’t imagine the fear and the anxiety you’d feel from opening up to them, but if you can I would tell someone. She could be a danger to other people too.

But maybe you can’t do that. You should try to putas much distance you can between you and your sister. She doesn’t deserve to be in your life. Thought my friend, I really hope you do open up to someone in your life. If not your family maybe a counselor, therapist, coach, or best friend. We are here for you.

Love,
Cassie

Hi, I have been abused, and I understand some of the things you are thinking and feeling. I am so sorry you had to go through those things. I too had my abuser trying to contact me almost to the point of stalking. I think the best thing you can do is regroup, and not say anything to your sister that you haven’t already rehearsed. I think the best plan of action is to make sure you are strong enough to be able to handle that communication with her. And if you are I would advice you to remember the great words of Abraham Lincoln,“If you want me to talk for 2 weeks, Give me 2 minutes to prepare. If you want me to talk for 2 minutes, Give me 2 weeks to prepare.” Hope this helps.

Hey friend!

First of all, thank you for trusting us with your pain and vulnerability. I promise it will be honored and cherished here. It truly breaks my heart to hear your story and know that you have a friend in me and everyone else here. We have your back.

First thing to realize is that the abuse you suffered was not your fault. The fault, and the potential cause, lies with your sister. I married a woman who suffered a good deal of emotional abuse from her father, so I know that shame can be a very real thing. I hope I’m not the first to say this, but it’s not your fault. Release that burden!

Secondly, only you can make the call as to whether or not your sister deserves to be in your life. Based upon what you have confided in us, I don’t think she is. She sounds like she has her own demons in her life that may potentially cause further damage.

Whatever you do, prioritize your mental and emotional health first. Find a church, a friend, a family member, or a trusted person that you can meet with face-to-face that can walk alongside you in this.

You’re not to blame, you are whole, you are worth love and attention, you have value, I promise.

Hold fast!