My best friend lost the fight with himself last no

This is a topic from YOUTUBE. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on YouTube.

Belongs to: Therapist reacts to Hot To Be Me by Ren Ft Chinchilla
My best friend lost the fight with himself last November. A part of myself was lost with him that day. It’s been the hardest thing for me to cope with. I try the best I can to move forward and live life to fullest. I feel I have this small responsibility to live it for the both of us now.

1 Like

I want to say firstly I am so sorry for your loss and grief. It’s an insurmountable hold that feels like their hurt has passed onto us. There can be so many variants of emotions that all co-exist inside us with this kind of loss. Their memories and lives can be honoured through how we talk about them and share the love we hold for them, but we also don’t have to be responsible for taking up their mantle and travelling their journey.
Take this time to heal and know that your life and journey are so important. Make sure your heart is safe and cared for

1 Like

hi there,

i am so sorry for your loss. i can imagine the grief can be hard to cope with day to day. i applaud your resilience to keep on going in life, even if your best friend is not there physically. they will always be there around you, and I hope that you can find things in your life to get reminders that they will continue to always be there for you. please be kind to your heart. i know that you say that you may feel responsible to live for both you and your best friend, but give yourself some grace to live through moments in your life and know that he will be watching. take it easy and give yourself time to breathe. i know that there will be good and bad days in the rollercoaster which is grief, but you have so much strength. i believe in you.

with love,
daniela

2 Likes

hey friend,
thank you for being here and for your vulnerability. it’s such a deep, unbearable pain when we lose someone we love to suicide. it’s understandable that a part of you went with him. the strength it takes to embrace grief and live life to the fullest is huge - you are seen and not alone. it’s an admirable outlook to live for the both of y’all and i know you’ll care for your heart if that responsibility ever gets too heavy. my thoughts and heart are with you as you continue to cope and find peace with this grief. if you ever need a place to vent or need a shoulder to lean on, your heartsupport community has your back and understands you.
love,
twix

My heart breaks for you, the grief is real and the weight can be heavy feeling that you must live for the both of you. I am reminded of the song “The Price of Grace” by Convictions. It is a song about survivor’s guilt and the desire to carry their loved one’s memory to keep them alive. Your love is shining brightly and your friend can feel this. You can honor your friend’s legacy by continuing to wake up each morning, especially in the days when the pain is hitting the hardest. You aren’t alone in your pain and I hope you know that you always have a shoulder when the weight begins to be too much. If you havent already, find someone to talk to that specializes in loved one’s of suicide, dont try and go at this alone. You are seen and you are loved.

With deepest sympathies
Eric

2 Likes

Hi there, wow im so sorry for your loss, this is something that really hits close to home, especially for me being that death is something ive experienced time and time again in life

I know that lonely feeling when that person is no longer there, it feels like that void will never be filled, there’s an empty feeling that settles…

But continue to live your life, carry on his legacy and the bond you two shared, your best friend doesn’t want to see you in pain, carry on the great memories and live your life to the fullest the way you know how, live on and carry on his legacy… cherish life and dont ever stop being yourself, my condolences… it will get better, believe me when i tell you that

1 Like

hey there,
i’m so sorry for your loss. the pain of losing someone you care about to suicide is absolutely devastating. take your time with the healing process and please be kind to yourself. it is so honourable that you want to live your life for your best friend and yourself. that is a heavy responsibility to take on so i hope you give yourself a lot of grace. make sure you take care of yourself and heartsupport is always hear for you if you need a community to lean on.

best wishes,
arsema

1 Like

Yes, that is such a huge loss. I really appreciate your bravery opening up and posting this.
Part of your friend is always going to live on through you. When a memory of good times you and he had together comes up, you can always share that here as well. There always love and support for you.
Keep on finding the good things to live for.
Satty

1 Like