My depression never seems to go away

I’ve had depression most of my life and I’m really getting tired of it. Sometimes my depression would come out of nowhere. I mean nothing triggered it, it just comes. And when it comes back, it comes back stronger. It makes me want to go away and just die. I hate when it gets that bad. I feel I’m not in control and it scares me. I just want it to end. I’m tired. I’m tired of trying. I’m tired of fighting. I sick of playing this same old game. One day I will lose this fight.

1 Like

Hey there.
How old are you? I am 28. I live with depression and anxieties for 15 years. It started when I have been abused as a child.
I found that fighting this issue is a long term process. Every little steps counts. I have been out of jobs becouse of it, I lost my girlfriends becouse of it. I hurted loved ones and myself.
Things started getting better since I have stop going on compromise. The struggle continues but I am armed with experience and will.
It’s possible to live with mental issues like that. Just it takes time to learn how and to find a good place for your sensitivie identity.
Don’t give up and keep looking for solutions. Every individual gets through depression different but If you want I can tell you which steps helped me the most.
Good luck. I am with you holding this burden.

1 Like

I suffer from severe depression because i am diagnosed with bipolar disorder and PTSD from childhood trauma. Mine comes in cycles. Im currently in an active depression. I want to be legally euthanized because i do not feel its right that i have to exist and be traumatized over and over because of the severe abuse i suffered. Anyway i understand that it feels sk hopeless because i too do not know if i am going to make it. I believe in Jesus Christ and that he is my Lord and savior. I have faith that he will heal me and that is my only basis for living still. I want you to know that love, i believe, can cure anything. I have to remind myself daily that im still here and as long as i am im not going to let my illness beat me. The euthanizing is because i dont feel like my memories will ever end and i would rather just not exist. Everyday is a challenge.

1 Like

i know that I have low days sometimes. I wanted to die a few days ago. I thought of all my friends that I would hurt. I know that it sucks when these things happen. But you can pull through. Just do your best. You can get through it. Hold fast friend!

2 Likes

Hey Beautiful,

This reminds me of me. Every time I feel suicidal. Every time I struggle to see more in myself than just mental health issues. Every time I get stuck in my head.

BUT, it is worth getting through.

There is a lot in this video that I hope helps

4 Likes

Hi @DyllonKG, thank you so much for taking the time to make this and thank you so much for all the advice! I really do appreciate all you said. I am thankful that theres good people like you who take time to help people out when they are at their lowest. It really means a lot.
I will try to input more positive thought, self-love, and patience when my depression episodes start to hit. And I will try to not shut down and put myself down as often.
Again, thank you so much!

I go thru depression every single day of my life but what keeps me going is God and his Torah and being a better person. I am not perfect but I try to do what is good and be a positive force in this world. I wish you the best. Don’t give up.

2 Likes