My dog got put to sleep

Hey everyone! It has been a long time since I have posted. Just about an hour ago my parents had to take my dog to the vet. We knew that she was sick and we were hoping for the best. But the best did not happen. Sadly she had a cancer known as lymphatic cancer. This cancer causes glands to swell and not function. This cancer spread from her lymp nodes to her whole body. This caused everything to shut down. This was going on for atleast a month or two. So this sadly made it the only choice to put her to sleep. My parents come home and inform me and we all are distraught because of this. She was such an innocent sould and did not deserve this. She is in a brtter place now, watching over the family. Love you Izzy.

I relate to this way too strongly. We had to put our beautiful husky girl - only 4 years old at the time - down because of an aggressive cancer couple years ago. It hurts so much, because they’re part of our family, and we feel responsible for them, and having to face something we have no power to fix is hard. I’m sending you and your family so much love. :heart:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your response. It makes me feel better that I am not alone. I am sorry that you had to go through that. It is just so hard because I feel like we could have done somthing to avoid this.

Sending you love. My animals are my best friends and my family. I know how hard it is.

1 Like