My dog is dying

I don’t really know what to do. Hes on medication for heart disease… His strokes and becoming more and more frequent and I don’t know how I’m going to handle the end or even what to do. Only know about this site because of Kitboga on YouTube, I don’t have anyone to talk to about this or anything else.

2 Likes

I guess other posts trumps my dying dog. Real nice site. Great people.

I understand that you’re hurting, but this is not the best way to get sympathy from people. Most of these people are hurting just like you and comments like this can make you appear to be unapproachable.

This is actually a great place for you and others like you who might not have any other form of emotional expression. I’ve met a lot of great people here, I’ve heard some amazing stories and I’ve seen a lot of heartbreak. Sometimes things can’t happen as quickly as we want them to, and I’m sorry this happened to you.

About your dog - this is very sad to hear, I’m sorry you are going through this. I have had to put down many pets in my lifetime and it is never easy. They are our friends after all, not just some animal. I’m guessing since you’ve said you have nobody to talk to, that this dog is probably one of your closest friends. It is natural to feel so distraught about his impending death.

Grieving sucks. The pain can feel unbearable and unrelenting. And it’s a different beast all together when we know of the impending death?

My grandma was diagnosed with brain cancer several years ago. She was probably the most important person in my life. She raised me up until I was around 12, at which point she returned custody to my mom. Anyway, we all knew that she was dying… But at the same time we all maintained our hopeful demeanor when she was around. She would beat this, she would say. She still has healing in her. We all knew better though, and so for me, I started grieving her death before she had even died. I would go to my husband’s work to see him and have depressive break downs in the back room with him and cry on his shoulder at home. I was always strong around my grama though, and eventually, inevitably, she died. For the next week I was incredibly sick and spent the next week and a half on my couch.

I know how it feels, friend. It’s hard. But there is an upside to knowing when your friend will die. You can take what time you do have and love your friend with all of your heart, because you know he may not be here for you to do it tomorrow. Keep loving him, every day.

This pain will be hard. It will be relentless, and for a time unbearable. However as hard it it may seem, the pain will eventually subside as your emotional wounds heal. Hopefully then you will be able to remember your dog and the fun times you had together. You won’t ever forget this struggle, but you will overcome.

I’m sorry you’re initial experience here wasn’t all you’d hoped it would be, but we are all hear for you to help you through this. Like all things, we just need to give it time.

This too, shall pass.

2 Likes

Hey @Euronymous,

Welcome on the Support Wall! It’s good to see people from Kitboga’s community. First time I heard about HS was also through Kit’s stream. :slight_smile:

I want to thank you for sharing about what’s going on with your dog. And I’m so sorry to hear about his health becoming worse… That’s indeed very stressful and heartbreaking. I know from experience how important our fur friends are. They bring so much joy and comfort… they’re just family, and there’s no way to argue with that.

I’m aware that words are not enough in this kind of situation. Though it sounds that you’ve been doing a lot to take care of him and make sure that he receives good treatment, which makes me believe that he’s very lucky to have you by his side. I understand that health is sometimes beyond our control and you’ve been feeling powerless in this situation, but I have no doubt that you’re doing your best to make sure that your buddy is feeling okay, as much as possible. I commend you on giving that love. There are things you can’t control in this situation, but you are obviously taking care of him, a lot. Don’t underestimate the love you’re giving to your dog, friend. It may not have the same effect as a medication, but it is true medicine, and probably the most needed one, especially in these circumstances. That is the best gift you can receive from each other, and it goes beyond his physical pain.

If you want to vent or talk about it, feel free to keep doing it. We - as a community - are here to listen and support you the best we can. Hold fast.

PS - I exceptionally edited your second post to avoid pointing out anyone specifically and to prevent the other member to take it personally - which I believe you’ll understand. There’s no such thing as a suffering scale between people. I hear your frustration about not having an answer quickly or seeing other topics receiving replies before you. I just want to insist on the fact that one’s story or struggle doesn’t invalidate another. There’s no post that would trump another one and every story matters, every struggle is real, every pain is valid. You’ll see that everyone always gets at least a reply here. Though the forum is community-based, so people give some time whenever they can and want, which means we all need to give each other some grace. It never changes anything about the importance of what you or anyone else here is going through. You matter. Your voice matters. Thank you for being here and sharing your heart. I don’t want your topic to be about this, so if you have any question or need to discuss about it specifically, feel free to send me a DM. :heart:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.