My Ex Fiancee Never Loved Me

I will call my ex fiancee Emily, I knew Emily since 2005 for almost 14 years and we met on Myspace and we connected we became best of friends and my relationship with her was platonic I saw her just as my friend but I had no idea she had feelings for me until 2012 when she confessed to me that she loved me and I was flattered that she cared for me as a person and someone to be my wife. I purposed to her in 2013 I gave her an engagement ring and we were going to marry in 2015.

I knew Emily since she was 16 I was her only friend for her growing up years, her mother died when she was 3 and her father remarried three times and she was a shy and lonely girl that was abandoned by her family and by others and abused by others there was a time I had to intervene because she was being sexually abused by her stepbrother and by the grace of God I was able to save her.

But again when I needed her to be there for me she abandoned me and she left me for dead because of insecurity and not living me enough to stand by me when I needed her the most it was very hurtful and painful for me all I did for her and all the time and investment I did for her to help her to be there for her was for nothing.

I’ve been alone since 2015 and not one woman gives a damn about me and I don’t trust women to come near me period. She has been with a lot of guys and she is with a guy that is a repulsive human being but she chose that instead of working things out. Which is sad.

I’m so sorry to hear that. I can’t imagine how heartbreaking that must have been and still is. It sounds like you really put a ton of time and effort into the relationship which makes it even more hurtful because I’m sure it feels like she just threw it away for nothing. Despite the way she treated you and your relationship, it is not a reflection of you. She made her choice on her own and it sounds like she had and still has a lot of emotional things to work through. I know it can be hard to trust again after something so awful has happened, but with time and effort, I believe you will be able to find healing from this. You are loved by many.

Hold Fast,
Hannah Rhodes

1 Like

Thank You for your words of kindness I truly appreciate it. I don’t get close to people anymore because I have been let down so many times that I just don’t make friends anymore. It’s a defense mechanism. Perhaps one day God willing.

Hi friend, I am so sorry again for the hurt that the people in your life have put you through. That you put so much love and energy into your friends and loved ones and then they turned around and left you. I know that pain. It’s an icky painful process and I’m sorry that you have had to experience that.

Like Hannah said, her actions are not a reflection of you. And despite how she may have left you feeling, you are important and valued.

I know trust is a hard thing to regain after being hurt so many times by those you love, but I hope that you are able to find the healing and strength to move forward for this so that you can rebuild new relationships.

I certainly know the struggle of trusting people and not wanting to get close to them anymore. But I hope you will be able to work through that. And that better friends will uplift and support you in the future.

You matter here.

• Kitty
1 Like

Thank You so much. What I have learned is that you can’t rescue anyone you can only rescue yourself and help yourself. When someone is broken like my ex fiancee was there is really nothing you can do.

People that are broken have to come to the realisation that unless they seek help they can never heal or get better. At least in my case I seeked help right away because I knew if I didn’t I wouldn’t be here. It’s never a shame to seek help.

It’s very true. You can’t help those who don’t want help and unfortunately sometimes that causes rifts in relationships. It’s important to look out for ourselves and not trap ourselves in relationships that insist on staying idle and not moving forward.

It’s a hard reality to accept, but yes, we can only help ourselves. Other people can only help us if we are willing to work together and do our part.

Hey Ranma1983,

First I want to say welcome and that I am so glad that you are here! You are loved, and your life matters. You are wanted in this community, and we are so glad that you reached out! Reaching out is such a big step, and it’s a hard step! And you’re so courageous for doing so! Please remember that!

As far as the relationship goes, I am so so sorry. This is something that I similarly struggle with, and the best advice I can give you is to give yourself time to heal! It seems like it has been some time, but healing is not something on a timeline, and is different for so many people! Know that your feelings are okay, it’s okay for you to be mad, to be hurt, to be upset! But please also don’t see this as fate, as you will always be alone now just because this girl and you didn’t work out!

You are loved, and your life matters! I’ll tell you that your story has honestly been an encouragement to me, and it makes me feel like I am not alone, and that my life matters, and that my story matters! Please hold fast friend, continue to reach out, and remember this is a part of your story, not the ending!

Hold Fast, You’re Worth It,
Monkey <3

1 Like