My family adopted a cat (not directly mental health-related, but wanted to share)

Hello my friends,

I know that what I am posting isn’t directly mental health related, but I wanted to share with you all that my family adopted a sweet cat named Charlie over Thanksgiving (Canadian) weekend. There has always been tension in my family given that I live with my parents and grandparents (e.g. in-law disagreements, caring for the elderly, being a young adult living with two older generations, all of us having experienced mental health trauma, etc.), but Charlie has- in just two days- single-handedly created an atmosphere of trust and love. He has already given us so much love, and we are so happy to have him be a part of our family.

Thanks for reading guys, and thank you for always being here for me,
Alex

6 Likes

I’m so glad to hear there is more love and trust in your house, plus a cute fur buddy! Congratulations!

1 Like

Thank you so much @SheetMetalHead! I am really thankful for all that he’s brought into our house too! Also, once he’s not so shy, I’m excited to share some pics on the discord! :purple_heart:

1 Like

Aaaah, this is so awesome. Pets can bring so much love and peace. When I was a kid, my cat always had this way to comfort me or be playful whenever I needed it. Now I’m allergic to them - worst curse ever :expressionless:.

I’m SO glad to hear how Charlie managed to create a warm atmosphere in your family. This is so, so precious! And actually more mental-health related than we think sometimes. They just truly are the best when it’s about unconditional love. Congrats on welcoming this lil’ buddy! And thank you for sharing, it brings a smile. :hrtlovefist:

1 Like

Good for you, Alex!
Me and my sisters convinced my strict dad to finally allow us to get a pet for years ago and still today we have two adorable kitties that are brother and sister.

1 Like

Thank you so much @Micro! You’re absolutely right about the unconditional love of pets. I can’t believe Charlie is already adjusting and so trusting with us. I feel so blessed.

I hope that the cat allergy lets up one day! You deserve another furry friend! :purple_heart:

1 Like

Thank you so much @bvb! My dad is also quite the strict man, so it warms my heart that you guys have two kittens. :purple_heart:

Congrats on the cat. Cats are truly wonderful amazing creatures. I recently just celebrated my cat’s tenth anniversary of rescuing him. May Charlie provide you many years of cuddles and comfort.

1 Like

Congradulations!
I’m so happy for you, that you feel loved!

1 Like