My first post, and I'm reaching out

I’m 35m, and I’ve never reached out for someone to help me, even though I’ve suffered through depression my whole life. I was consoled when I was a teenager for a while for my anger and depression issues, but twenty years later, my life has come to a fold.

I don’t really suffer from the anger issues anymore, but the depression is always there, and I feel it every time I wake up. I feel it every time I go to work. It’s always there in the back of my mind.

I’m looking for a counsel. Someone who can listen to my problems and help me through the day and the next. Eating is difficult to do. Waking up is difficult to do. All I can do is lay in bed and have a drink when all I want to do is lay back in bed. Can someone help me? Or link me to some sources who will help?

Thank you if you read this. I love you all.

4 Likes

I know this depression and these symptom too well. I have no issue lending an ear because we all need someone to talk to. I know this for a fact that having someone to speak to helps by 1000. I have my therapist and any time I have gone too long without speaking to her, I end up having a mental breakdown.

I also struggle to get up each day and push myself through the days and then I find it hard to get myself to sleep. I continue to do so each day because it’s the only way I know how to make it through.
A great place for resources for Mental Illness is nami.org. It has resources, education, and support. Welcome to the group and Hold Fast, friend!

1 Like

Hello!

You’ve come to the right place, my friend. We’re always here to talk. I’ve been in a long term partnership with depression, and it has been one heck of a ride. I’m starting to really get a handle on it, I think, but there was a point in time where depression was my baseline. Always there, kind of like you know that something is watching you.

Some links I use:
nami.org (NAMI)
nimh.nih.gov (National Institute of Mental Health)
mhanational.org (Mental Health America)
samhsa.gov (Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration)
dbsalliance.org (Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance)

These are the websites that I look at and have frequented. I would also look locally around you and see if there are chapters for NAMI or if any of the mental health facilities offer services for outpatient. Keep us updated and feel free to always reach out here.

<3 Tara

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.