My friend is ruining my vacation

My friend is hanging out with, me during my vacation. I feel like a dick saying, he kinda ruining my vacation. He does understand personal space, he always stressing and bitchy mood. Does not leave alone and kinda want to me entertained me for whole week. He just fucking drag and I just punch in the face.

5 Likes

It sounds like he’s desperate for company, but you need your space too. If he’s not living with you, perhaps you can just go somewhere without him for a while. Punching isn’t a happy reaction. You need to put some distance between the two of you, before you get to feeling that urge.

There is a “calm, assertive” tone you can take with him, and explain that you need to be somewhere on your own, and that’s exactly what’s going to happen.

I hope you have a few good vacation days left.

2 Likes

Man, it’s frustrating when it feels like someone is invading your personal space, although it surely takes time and practice for people to understand what our personal limits are sometimes. Even the people who know us the most can sometimes cross boundaries without intending too. It sounds like your friend has a different view on what “vacations” mean. For some people it’s hard to disconnect from daily life stressors, others need calm and quiet, others want to do so many things in a short amount of time. This is normally nothing that can’t be addressed and adjusted through polite and respectful conversations. It’s okay to be upset, and it’s okay to explain your boundaries to your friend in a respectful manner. Not everyone is sensitive to others limits - some just need to be told how things are for you personally, so they can learn to see things through your experience and perspective.

I hope too that the rest of your vacations will be more peaceful, for the both of you. :hrtlegolove:

1 Like

Hey there, Metalskater1990! I’m sorry that your friend is bothering you during a time you want to relax and be alone. I can understand this sentiment a lot. I myself enjoy solitude sometimes, too, and when someone wants to invade on your personal time it can be very frustrating. I hope that you can find a way to express yourself to your friend without sounding too harsh or that you do not enjoy their company generally. My family always has a day or two on vacations where we all kind of chill and do our own thing because we can get on each other’s nerves a bit, so hopefully you can find a way to do something similar with your friend.

Good luck finding the words to express yourself to your friend and I hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation :hrtlegolove:

1 Like

Hi Friend, I’m sorry that your friend seems to be smothering you. Perhaps you can sit down calmly talk to your friend and let them know how you feel. You could go off by yourself and do your own thing too. Just let him know you need time alone and I’m sure he will understand. It’s ok to do that. Take care! ~Mystrose

1 Like

Hi Friend, thank you for your post, It can certainly be difficult if you are used to spending time alone to then being around someone 24/7 it can feel ovewhelming and like you are being suffocated but its ok to tell your friend that and those feelings are perfectly normal. You can ask for some time alone its ok. I often tell people that I need time out to be on my own (i have to have time by myself or I would spontainiously combust i think) or not perhaps. but it feels like lt. all in all its all completely normal to need space but do try not to punch anyone in the face eh!!! much love Lisalovesfeathers. x

Hey Metalskater1990, I’m sorry you’re having a rough time. It is absolutely fair that you need your alone time. Have you explained your friend that you need some space? He’ll probably understand if you tell him kindly what’s going on.
How are you doing? Is there something you’re struggling with or is it okay right now? I hope that you’ll find a balance between alone time to recharge your batteries and the time you spend with your friend. Since it is your vacation, I hope you’ll still enjoy it! Take good care of yourself.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.