My friend is suicidal and I don't know what to do

A person I care about very much, and that has helped me with my own depression is in a bad spot. I’ve suggested to them to get on here and talk, but I really don’t know what to do. They’ve tried to commit suicide before and I’m worried that they will try again. They have 2 kids that really need them.

2 Likes

Hey. I’m sorry you’re going through this, @Jmcgill. The best I can tell you is to keep communication open. Keep talking to the person and letting them know you’re there for them. Call them as often as you feel you need to, to make sure that they are still safe. Let them know how much they’re not only needed in this world, but wanted in this world. Keep emergency services on speed dial on your phone in case you need to call for help quickly. To be honest, if the person isn’t safe by themself, it might be best if they were admitted to the hospital, and maybe you can talk to the person about that. And remember that if, for some reason the person doesn’t make it through this, it isn’t your fault.

I hope someone can give you some more suggestions on what to do.

~Daisy :hearts:

2 Likes

Thank you. That’s pretty much what I’ve been doing. I’m 1000 miles away at this point, so I feel a little useless I guess. Their Dr’s have told them that they need to check into a hospital, and I seconded that. The whole situation is pretty crappy.

1 Like