My great uncle just died

He just died an hour ago and I just found out. I don’t know how to react. He looked like he was going to make it. I had been looking forward talking to him again. I only really got to talk to him once as a somewhat adult.

7 Likes

I am sorry for your loss. Not knowing how to react is a reaction, and an understandable one. It happens when facing an unexpected loss. Let me know if you want to talk about it.

2 Likes

I do want to talk about but I don’t know where to start

2 Likes

You’ve already started. Are you on Discord?

1 Like

Sadly my parents have put a time lock on my phone for just about everything. It makes getting help very hard sometimes.

1 Like

I have never used Discord on a phone. Do you have access to a computer?

1 Like

No because I only my school computer which blocks it.

1 Like

What do you remember about your uncle?

1 Like

Not a lot but was because we were really only just meeting each other. I had only really got one, one on one conversation with him but I really loved getting to know him and wanted to do it more but now nope

1 Like

How old were you when you had this conversation?

1 Like

16 or 15 so not to long ago. I’m 17

1 Like

It speaks well of your heart that you wanted to know him better. A lot of teenagers are preoccupied with vanity and materialism.

1 Like

Well after my opa die I didn’t want to let the same thing happened. To be fair to myself by the time I really would be able to talk with him he was dead

1 Like

I’m glad that you are willing to be fair with yourself. It sounds like you had no real choice regarding spending time with either of them. Are there other family members you would like to get close to?

1 Like

Yeah but I see them enough that I am getting closer. Oh now I’m remembering I never got to say goodbye to my grandma before she died.

1 Like

It is nice to say goodbye, it’s also good to know that the last time you saw her, you parted on good terms. I missed the goodbyes for both of my parents and all of my grandparents.

1 Like

Well I didn’t really get to leave her on good terms because she had altimers. I can’t spell

1 Like

Even with Alzheimer’s, there’s a very good chance that she felt your love. As for the others you’ve lost, I suspect that in one way or another, they felt your willingness to care.

1 Like

Maybe but it suck see her deteriorate. Luckly I had gotten to know her before hand but I didn’t with my great uncle

1 Like

My mom had Alzheimer’s too. I’ve been around a lot of people with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia. Fortunately, my mom’s decline didn’t seem to cause her much stress.

1 Like