My grief now

With the passing of the seasons,
grief stopped rushing into the room and filling the crevices.
It no longer mutes the carolers or dims the lights
whenever your name is mentioned.

Like grief, this requiem cannot take too much space.
It’s been too long and no one would understand why
your absence can still stop time
at least once a year.

Now, though your memory brightens the shadows,
I beg your spirit
and the moments of melancholy
to stay a minute and see my New Year.

9 Likes

I love this!

Inspired me to write this for you,
Hope your words brought you some joy and relief, thank you for sharing!

In the fleeting colours of laughing kids
and in the sounds of the seasonal bells,
You are both near and untouchably far,
Both present and a memory.

I no longer turn to search your face in the crowd,
But I do see glimpses of you in the smiles of others.
I still wish you were here,
But I’m getting better at being here myself.

7 Likes

This is beautiful @JavaJ. Thank you for sharing with us a piece of your own poetry, and through it what has been on your heart on such a significant day.

You are loved. :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing this with the HS community. I truly believe that so many people will find this helpful. I hope you have a wonderful holiday season & I hope you have a fantastic New Year!

2 Likes

Hi Friend, Thank you so much for such beautiful words and at such a time when people need it most. This time of year is so very hard for a lot of people and your words encapsulate that so well. Thank you again so very much. You are loved. Lisa. x

1 Like

hey java! this is so beautifully written. i can truly feel the emotion, grief, and love you’ve poured into this poetry. i’m so proud of you for how you’ve processed this grief and can find hope and healing through time. i hope the departed life you write about here brings you immense strength, luck, and warmth throughout the new year. wishing you all my best, my friend. love, twix

1 Like

Hi @JavaJ Thank you for sharing your beautiful poem. I always find writing to be very therapeutic, I’m happy that you’re finding ways to express yourself in healthy ways. ~Mystrose

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.