Back to heartsupport

My life is going nowhere, no way forward

I’m 30 I feel like my life has gone nowhere. After my degree, I’ve gone from meaningless agency job to meaningless agency job with little to nothing to show for it.

Now I live with my parents, my friends have abandoned me, my mental health department isn’t answering my calls about getting a faster anymore, I’ve never dated anyone and I don’t think I ever will.

I look in the mirror before I thew them all away and I hate what I see. Nobody would want that.

I looked back and see nothing but failures and missed opportunities.

I don’t see any way out other than suicide.

1 Like

I’m so sorry you feel the way you do. But you are allowed to feel that way. I have essentially the same kind of self-doubt and depression like symptoms. Try this: When you look into the mirror, regardless of what you may be feeling deep down. Look at that person looking back at you in the mirror and say “I Love You”. I think almost everyone goes through this. We never see the good ourselves that others see. Don’t get caught up in trying to change things that are out of your sphere of influence. Just do the best you can do and leave it at that. Life is hard but giving up won’t make it any easier. I hope this brought you some peace. Look into the mirror and say I love you. Do it regularly. In this life you are responsible for your own good time.

Hey Throwaway123. I know it looks bleak right now, but this too will pass. Trust me. I am 61 and at one time felt worthless and wanted to end it all. I found a good supportive church, and hung in there, and today I can say I am so glad I never did anything to end it. You need to do exactly the opposite of what your feelings are telling you when you are in this state. If you don’t feel like getting out of bed, get out of bed. If you feel worthless, tell yourself you have great worth. Believe it or not, our thoughts are what our emotions feed off of. If you tell yourself good things, you will feel good things. It’s crazy, but it’s true. And our feelings are flighty. They aren’t the truth. The truth is, your life is valuable and you are going through some tough times right now. You will find your way to the other side of this and be amazed. One way to start might be to volunteer your time with those less fortunate. That always puts things in perspective for me. God bless and hang in there.

I dont know what love means or feels like so the words are pretty much useless.

Dear @Throwaway123,

My name is Maplesead and I wanted to make something for you as a reminder that your loved and that you matter! I saw your topic on the Heartsupport wall and I kinda have the idea that I can relate to that. I don’t have in real friends and still busy with a study, but Im not sure if I can get a job in that. Also I am afraid to take showers because then I need to see my own body. But when I talked to Dan and Casey, they show me that Im not worthless and not alone, even if you think you are. We as the Heartsupport community are there for you! Also never say that nobody would want “that”, because you are as beautiful as you are. We love you!

Let me introduce you to a villager of Animal crossing that I drew. His name is Limberg and he is an active, lovely but maybe not the most beautiful character. He was bullied on school and made himself really down. He had the idea that he was the most useless person in the world and no one want him to be there boyfriend. After a time, he readed something about the inner beauty and he realised that you has a lovely inner beauty and thats what it is all about. Limberg what to show you that even when you think you don’t have the most beautifull outside, you can still have the most lovely and fantastic inside! <3

The background is grey and red, because the grey part is the wall that you made to yourself that you don’t think your beautifull, but after that wall you see something red that means love. I red that you dont really know what love means anymore, but that is that we want to take care of you, that you matter in our life and that we don’t want to lose you in our live.

Throwaway123, please remember that Limberg is as love and beautiful as you and he want to take care of you and want to let you know what you are beautifull even if you don’t think it by yourself. Hold fast, you matter!

Lovely greetings,
Maplesead

3 Likes