My-mind-is-always-racing-and-i-have-to-be-working - 1177

This is a topic from INSTAGRAM. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on Instagram.

Belongs to: https://forum.heartsupport.com/t/38436
My mind is always racing and I have to be working nonstop to keep myself at ease. I see it as a blessing and a curse because it exhausts me but at least i get lots done X’D I try my best to protect my mental health and be better :black_heart:

1 Like

Yes - I feel this. It’s so hard when you’re off work, but mentally you’re still there. I describe it like a “rubik’s cube” in the back of my mind, just constantly getting fiddled with. It’s hard when you feel like you KNOW you “should” slow down, but you just can’t seem to shift gears. It’s like being on coffee jitters, but inside your head, and all the time. And on the flip side - you are productive! And it’s hard to feel like that’s “BAD”. But there’s the curse side to it too where it just freaking wears you down. And you don’t know how to slow down, or rest - and to be honest, there’s a lot of playfulness and joy and laughter that’s easy to lose when you don’t have margin to pull your mind off work. For seasons, sometimes hyperdrive productivity is the right move, but ALL THE TIME, it can really shave off the fullness of life and leave it narrow, and it ends up emptying you. Glad that you’re acknowledging this in yourself, and curious with you what a next step might be if you’re looking into better balance. Thanks for sharing <3

Hey friend. This is definitely a struggle that I deeply relate to. The need to be constantly on movement – even if it’s just internally, in your mind --, to always be on this high sense of action, activity, but oftentimes to the point of forgetting yourself, of neglecting self-care. Learning to slow down, to embrace calm and silence when you’re used to have your mind moving on at full speed is so hard! But I can assure you that with consistent little steps, it is possible to learn it, and to help our mind learn that it’s okay to slow down. It’s so good to hear that you are doing your best to protect your mental health, and that you are fully aware of this pattern ongoing. That alone reflects a lot of strength, wisdom and humility. If I may ask, what are some of the things that you do to protect your mental health? What do you feel has been the most helpful to you so far? <3