My own thoughts

A little background of myself. Currently I’m 17 years old and about to enter my last year of high school. For me, it’s hell. I’m decent in school, I don’t fail classes and all that, I already have my goals of what I want to do. The thing is that I honestly don’t see myself being as successful as I hoped. I’m held back by my personality. I’m annoying and socially awkward. I get aggitated easily and take most things to seriously. For example, there’s these really dumb people in my grade that annoys me all on purpose. People say to just ignore them? I can’t do that. I’m weak and I hate my appearance. I honestly feel like the only reason that I have friends is so I won’t be lonely, but I just feel so distant. I hate how I lie and that I can’t control it. I hate myself overall and I wish I could change but I know I can’t since life ain’t easy. I feel like I’m going to be lonely for my whole life until I decide if I want to end it.

1 Like

hi friend.
thanks for sharing. I honestly relate to this a lot. I hated high school and dealt with a lot of the same problems so hopefully this helps: )
first of all, congrats! you’re almost done! I know that high school can be really hard and annoying and you just want to get out already and never go back, and soon you’ll be out of there!
if you don’t see yourself being as successful as you hoped, I would try to make goals for yourself and work on what you plan to do after high school. you have so much time, my friend. I know it seems like if you don’t think you’ll be successful, then you won’t be, but that’s not true. give yourself room to breathe. you are going to be okay. I promise. I promise that this will work out. you have so much time to build your career and figure stuff out.
if you feel like you’re held back by your personality, then challenge yourself and do things a little outside of your comfort zone. I know you think you’re annoying and socially awkward, but I doubt you’re annoying, and you can do things to grow out/help your socializing! once you get out of high school, there will be a lot of opportunities to talk to people and communicate, and it will take time and practice, but please give yourself a break. you can be socially awkward and still be successful. you can still succeed. you aren’t a failure.
if you feel lonely or like you can’t talk to anyone, please come back here. we’re here for you whenever you need us. we hear you and see you and care about you. I really do believe in you and I know you’ll succeed. give yourself a break, friend. you are doing fine. I promise. everything is going to be okay. you will get through this: )
stay strong

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing and I can really relate, I had a lot of those feelings in high school. The social aspect of high school was the worst for me. It’s awesome that you have goals of what you want to do! I think that’s a great starting point! With not feeling as successful as you hoped, that’s something I can really relate to and was just speaking to a counslor about. She mentioned writing down what I success looks like for me, and after I did I seen that aspects of myself like how I’m socially awkward or can feel alone around all the people I know, doesn’t really impede on the success I’m trying to reach. In high school I felt super lonely but I can honestly say it got better after high school. Not sure if this helps or if I’m rambling on but I wanted to reach out as what you shared was so relatable to my experience in high school.

2 Likes

@Dielan

Thank you for sharing. I’m sorry you are not doing good. High school is different for anyone. Some love it, and some hate it, and that’s okay. I wasn’t the most social kid because I was shy. I still have shyness in my heart, but over the years, I grown. I done amazing things I never thought of doing. Met amazing people I never thought of meeting. I am blessed to have HeartSupport a part of my life. It was never my plan to join this community, but God knew it turn out fine. You will get better. Those kids who annoys you will be gone. You have to accept for who you are, and be okay with it. You will become a stronger person after graduating high school. Believe in yourself first, my friend. If you want to vent more, this forum is open. Hang in there. Enjoy your weekend.

1 Like