This is my 7-step plan to keep me safe in difficult moments I face. I’ve thought through these steps in advance to make it easier for myself to get help when I need it.
Signs that a crisis may be developing (thoughts, images, mood, situation, behavior).
- Sign 1 - isolating myself
- Sign 2 - hostility / uncontrollable anger
- Sign 3 - selfharm / OD
Things I can do to take my mind off problems without contacting another person (relaxation technique, physical activity, etc.)
- Strategy 1 - Listen to music
- Strategy 2 - watch a movie
- Strategy 3 - Clean or Do yoga
Things that are most important to me and worth living for (these can be big or small, anything from loved ones to your morning coffee)
- Live For 1 - My Siblings
- Live For 2 - My Therapist
- Live For 3 - Starbucks Green Tea
- Live For 4 - A dog
- Live For 5 - my mom
People whom I can ASK FOR HELP (friends or family who you can call at anytime for support)
- Supporter 1 - My Brother
- Supporter 2 - A Friend
- Supporter 3 - Grandma
Professionals or agencies I can contact in a crisis
- Name & Number of Clinician -
- Name & Number of Local Urgent Care Services -
- Preferred Crisis Service (Choose one of the below)
- (Text) Crisis Textline - text HOME to 741741
- (Call) Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- (Text) Trevor Project LGBTQ+ - text START to 678678
- Other (explain)
Things I can do to make the environment safe
- Safety 1 - Put knives in storage containers & put them out of my reach.
- Safety 2 - put razors in storage containers & out of reach
By inputting my forum username below, I am committing to utilizing this safety plan in my next high intensity moment when I need support.