Back to heartsupport

My Safety Plan

HeartSupport Safety Plan

This is my 7-step plan to keep me safe in difficult moments I face. I’ve thought through these steps in advance to make it easier for myself to get help when I need it.

STEP 1 - Warning Signs

Signs that a crisis may be developing (thoughts, images, mood, situation, behavior).

• Sign 1 - being overloaded at work
  • Sign 2 - lazy weekends
  • Sign 3 - overthinking the past
  • Sign 4 - feeling of being a burden
  • Sign 5 - self-isolating, not contacting anybody

STEP 2 - Internal Coping Strategies

Things I can do to take my mind off problems without contacting another person (relaxation technique, physical activity, etc.)

• Strategy 1 - breathing techniques
  • Strategy 2 - going out of the apartment, eg. ride a bike
  • Strategy 3 - play some games
  • Strategy 4 - order some favorite food

STEP 3 - Worth Living For

Things that are most important to me and worth living for (these can be big or small, anything from loved ones to your morning coffee)

• Live For 1 - my friends
  • Live For 2 - family
  • Live For 3 - projects that I hope to finish

STEP 4 - Supporters

People whom I can ASK FOR HELP (friends or family who you can call at anytime for support)

• Supporter 1 - L.C.W. group of real-life friends, not feeling comfortable sharing details

STEP 5 - Professional Help

Professionals or agencies I can contact in a crisis

• Name & Number of Clinician - M.G., K.G. (not feeling comfortable disclosing details)
  • Name & Number of Local Urgent Care Services - University Hospital “Alexandrovska”, 02/ 9230 520, Sv. Naum Hospital, 02/ 9702 132
  • Preferred Crisis Service (Choose one of the below)
    • Other (explain): 112, there are no other options over here

STEP 6 - Safe Environment

Things I can do to make the environment safe

• Safety 1 - lock in my safe space - bedroom
  • Safety 2 - contact friends living nearby and ask them for help

STEP 7 - My Signature

By inputting my forum username below, I am committing to utilizing this safety plan in my next high intensity moment when I need support.

@Z1833 / Zibee

5 Likes

Well done @Z1833! That’s a strong safety plan that you got there. I hope you will never hesitate to get back to it and use the resources you’ve listed whenever you need it. It’s really good that you’ve taken the time to think about it and fill each part.

Also, no worries for the personal details that you didn’t want to disclose, I didn’t either. As long as you know what and who you’re referring it, it’s all that matters, as it is your safety plan.

Never forget that you are loved dearly. This world and the life of the people who know you are better with you in it. Your existence and the fact that you are breathing is your greatest strength, especially during times of doubts and turmoil. :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes