My very first panic attack

I have dealt with people having panic attacks for as long as I can remember. The new girl at school getting stung with a bee- the girl behind my church- my friends coming out to his Muslim parents- a friend in a car accident - old patients of mine who were afraid of machines. I saw it so many times and yet I didn’t recognize mine until it was over with. Honestly cudos to those who manage. Last night I was worrying about the world and how much of a mess it is… I was tired of seeing so much hate and I was tired of letting it affect me. It’s my own dumb fault in the end. When I was always trying to be perfect these things would never happen to me… now I feel pathetic.
At 3 am yesterday, thunder woke me from my sleep. But this thunder was so long it started to scare me… I never heard thunder last that long before and strong enough to wake me. I started panicking. The first thoughts that came to me were: this is it. It’s now the end of the world. Someone threw a bomb -a war started. Then an earthquake started. I couldn’t breathe or move. I woke up under my bed this morning with my two dogs. Why can’t I pull myself together. I’m sick of myself being like this.
I really hate this world

3 Likes

You’re lucky you didn’t have one until now! I have them almost every day… :pensive:

2 Likes

Hey it’s okay to feel this way. Everyone is worried about what’s been going on. You aren’t the only one that is panicking. You shouldn’t feel like it’s your fault because it’s not. You didn’t ask to have a panic attack. Nor did you ask to have anxiety. You didn’t ask for this world to be the way it is. So don’t take responsibility for it. That isn’t yours to take you just have to leave to co exist with it. And it’ll be hard getting used to up the more you learn about it the easy it gets to control it. So don’t stress about it because it will take some time and effort. I’m sorry you felt scared and alone. Those are some difficult but valid emotions. It’s okay to be scared and not understand what’s happening around you. Next time when you get those thoughts and those feelings try taking a deep breath in and countering those thoughts. Such as, the world isn’t ending, I am safe, this will soon pass, I will be okay, and etc. Doing breathing exercises are good too. Deep breath in through the nose and out through the mouth is a classic that I personally like. Try doing all of this while your eyes are closed. Know that the world isn’t ending anytime soon. No matter how it may seem or look. Everything isn’t good but we’ll make it.

I’m sorry about that… man that must not be easy at all. I can’t imagine always having one. I wish you well and all the calmness in the world.

1 Like

I’m sorry you have to deal with them all the time. Surviving that alone makes you stronger than the worlds best body builder. You can get through this friend <3

2 Likes

I’m so so sorry you had to experience that! No one should have to deal with that. I am not a therapist or doctor but just know that You survived and that is the best you can do sometimes. We are here for you friend <3

2 Likes

Hey! I have dealt with anxiety for as long as I can remember. Im so sorry your panic about the world caused that. I for sure think it is a sign to step back and try to detox from stressors for a bit. Anxiety is horribly draining! Definitely after a panic attack like I said on your other post, do things to take care of yourself friend :slight_smile: we all are really stressed right now! Panic attacks are the worst so im proud of you for getting through it. Hope today is better :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.